An online MBA could be the ideal way to advance your career and education once you are employed. The convenience and diversity of MBA programs make this a viable option once you decide this is best for you. There are differing opinions on the necessity of this degree that is awarded to over 150,000 graduates annually. Some MBA’s boost your value more than others, particularly if it is earned from the likes of Harvard or Stanford. Unfortunately, the tuition to these schools is extravagant. Your choice of school may not affect on your employment chances, but it may affect your income. U.S. News reported in 2016 that at 15 ranked graduate business schools, 95 to 100 percent of recent alumni were able to find employment within three months.
Individuals seeking the highest average pay-the top three jobs with an MBA are consulting ($127k), financial services ($117k), and technology ($111k). Graduates who earn the highest salaries attend the top-ranked schools, according to U.S. News data. At Stanford University, tied at No. 4 in the rankings, graduates earned an average salary and bonus of $164,189. Harvard University and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania alumni are close behind, earning more than $163,000. None of these esteemed institutions qualified for the following list.
This ranking of accredited and merited colleges and universities is a compilation of 50 of the most affordable online MBA programs. The tuition is based on the 2016-17 reported graduate in-state tuition (without fees) by the National Center for Education Statistics in conjunction with College Navigator. For the most current tuition and fees, we recommend you visit the respective schools’ site. These schools are listed by increasing tuition.
1. Fitchburg State University
The MBA Programs at Fitchburg State provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become leaders in business. The classes are offered in a cohort format- small groups that provide maximum interaction with faculty and peers with 24/7 tech support. There is the choice of three online specializations:
- Accounting: Provides a thorough background in business skills combined with financial knowledge to help accountants advance their careers into management positions across various industries.
- Human Resources Management: Gives graduates a broad-based background in human resources with the understanding and skills to become leaders in business and administration.
- Management: Teaches graduates the essential knowledge and capabilities to pursue a variety of management opportunities across the evolving business spectrum.
Students must complete 10 courses (30 credit hours) of which 18 hours are advanced core requirements; 9 hours are required in the respective concentration courses, plus a 3-hour elective course.
Founded in 1894, Fitchburg State University offers one of the “Most Affordable Online Master’s Degrees for Human Resources (Management),” by OnlineU.org (2017). The school is proud to provide learning opportunities for students of varying socioeconomic backgrounds in the pursuit of an affordable, quality education.
2. Georgia Southwestern State University
The online MBA degree educates students in a broad range of knowledge and skills including finance, ethics, international business, management, and marketing as a basis for careers as successful managers. Students achieve knowledge and skills for successful performance in a complex environment requiring intellectual ability to organize work, make and communicate sound decisions, and react successfully to unanticipated events. The goal of the program is to promote career development and help students build personal and leadership skills. The academic program consists of a minimum of 30 graduate semester credit hours in business-related courses. In addition, there are several prerequisite undergraduate courses in statistics, finance, and management.
Admission to the graduate program in business administration is limited to holders of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Only students showing high promise of success in graduate study are accepted. The candidate’s performance on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), plus the candidate’s undergraduate academic record determines admission status.
Each faculty member of this regionally accredited school has a doctorate or terminal degrees. The student/faculty ratio is 17:1. In 2015, Georgia Southwestern received recognition as being 40th out of 100 in the class of Most Affordable Small Colleges in the nation.
3. Fayetteville State University
FSU is part of the University of North Carolina (UNC) seventeen institutions, which offers a means for MBA students enrolled at FSU to take up to three online courses offered by other campuses in the UNC system. This MBA program is available through the College of Business and Economics. There are eight concentrations from which to choose, each with total credits of 36-39:
- General Business: For those wanting a broad knowledge of the field, flexibility in choosing an eclectic mix of courses, or preparing for doctoral studies.
- Entrepreneurship: Gives students the opportunity to develop innovative business plans and solutions.
- Finance: Financial theory, mathematics, quantitative finance, investments, markets, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Healthcare Management: Affords unique access to a variety of world-class healthcare providers.
- International Business: For those wishing to conduct business overseas, or advance their careers in an increasingly multi-cultural, international market.
- Management: Improve your current leadership role or to climb the corporate ladder.
- Marketing: Real-world projects to increase your communication and promotional business skill sets.
- Project Management: Students will be prepared to become part of the vibrant PM community.
US News and World Report recognize their MBA program as Best Grad School-Business and Best Online Programs. In addition, they are a Best for Vets Business School by 2016 Military Times.
4. Wayne State College
Wayne State’s MBA program is a 30-credit hour, non-thesis, and 100% online degree with no campus visits. The study plan consists of eight 3-credit-hour core courses that are required of all students and two 3-credit-hour elective courses. A sampling of the core courses is financial administration, economics, marketing administration, organization behavior, and accounting. The electives cover broad subject matter as leadership, dispute management, coaching champions, and international business. Also, the International Accreditation Council for Business Education accredits this MBA.
Their online MBA is consistently ranked as a Most Affordable program by various sources, as well as being the only public college in Nebraska to receive recognition by U.S. News & World Report (2012-2014). They earned the title “Best College in Nebraska” (2016-17) from Money Magazine by measurement of WSC’s quality of education, affordability, and alumni success. The rating placed the college at 145th nationally from more than 700 selected schools that met the magazine’s criteria. The school expanded from one degree at their founding in 1891 to over 90 academic programs to students from 36 states and 22 countries currently.
5. Chadron State College
Their MBA program, designed for mid-level managers, will add to the body of knowledge in business management, marketing, finance, accounting, economics, and information management systems. This program is offered entirely or partially online in an eight-week format—two eight-week sessions per semester. Due to graduate course rotations, the MBA program requires at least two academic years to complete. Graduate students must complete at least 24 semester hours of graduate coursework towards degree plan after their acceptance into the 36-credit program. A student may be able to transfer a maximum of nine graduate credit hours from an accredited institution.
New applicants will be required to complete the Inbound Peregrine Exam (Pre-Program Assessment) before enrollment in classes. MBA students who do not successfully complete the Inbound Peregrine Exam by the end of the first course(s) are converted to a non-degree seeking status. Applicants must also submit their earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution showing a grade point average of 2.75 or better on a 4.00 scale.
Founded in 1911, Chadron believes that it provides “unrivaled” quality of education for the dollar throughout its 52 majors and 8 graduate degree programs. Enrollees from 45 states and Puerto Rico and 31 foreign countries enrich the student body, though the majority are Nebraskans.
6. Texas A&M-Kingsville
A&M’s online MBA consists of 21 credits of core courses, plus 9 credits of electives/certificates. The latter has the choice of these certificates:
- Energy Finance and Logistics: For students interested in energy finance and lending, commodity trading, negotiations, and logistics.
- Health Service Administration: Prepares business and pharmacy students for leadership positions in the healthcare industry.
- Managing People in the Global Enterprise: Prepares graduate students to assume a leadership role both in a domestic and global environment.
Kingsville College of Business Administration automatically evaluates each applicant for transfer credits based on the transcripts they submit as a part of the admissions process. The university may exempt a student from certain proficiency courses in order to avoid unnecessary duplication. Course exemptions are considered based on an appropriate group of closely related college-level courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher or by demonstrating competency through an approved foundation module.
One of the program goals is for graduates to be able to synthesize and analyze information to make sound business decisions. Another is that MBA graduates will demonstrate management-specific skills and competencies that incorporate key functions of business including Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Strategic Integration. Moreover, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredits the business school.
7. West Texas A&M University
The Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business offers an online MBA, which U.S. News & World Report ranks their online MBA #47 overall in the nation. The 2017 rankings U.S. News & World Report rankings include #23 MBA program for Veterans, which is the highest ranking in the state of Texas. U.S. News & World Report also ranks the online MBA at West Texas A&M University #7 for affordability in 2015. Students generally complete their MBA program within a two-year period, although a few students finish the program in as little as 12-18 months. Others who work full-time may work on their degree for three or more years. The requirements for graduation vary from 31-49 hours depending on the academic background of each applicant. The three areas in which applicants are most likely to need foundation courses are Financial Accounting, Statistics, and Corporate Finance, but might also include Economics, Management, Marketing, or Business Law.
The majority of the study plan consists of 28 hours of core courses in areas of finance, IT, organizational behavior, strategic management, and accounting, for example. Three to nine hours of electives in emphasis areas follow the core work. Students may choose General Business, Computer Information Systems, Management, Marketing, and Healthcare Management for their electives. Each is nine graduate hours with exception of the general business option of three hours.
8. Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
The Corpus Christi campus is part of the Texas A&M University System, which is one of the largest systems of higher education in the United States. The system has a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center. Collectively, they educate more than 120,000 students, employ 28,000 faculty and staff, and reach another 22 million people through service each year.
Students can complete this AACSB-accredited online MBA in 12 months that consists of only 10 courses for applicants who have completed a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Up to four additional courses may be required for any other undergraduate degrees. The program offers three concentrations:
- Finance: Through this program, you will acquire core business knowledge needed in administrative or management roles with added focus in finance. The four finance concentration courses include Multinational Finance, Investment and Portfolio Theory, Financial Markets and Institutions, and Personal Financial Planning.
- Healthcare Administration: You will acquire basic business knowledge in an MBA with a strong background in healthcare administration. The four healthcare administration courses include the Health Care System, Health Economics & Policy, Health Care Financial Management, and Health Law and Ethics.
- Accounting: You will acquire core business knowledge in areas such as economics, operations management, and organizational behavior. The four accounting concentration courses include Forensic Accounting, Advanced Auditing & Assurance Services, Taxes & Business Strategy, and Oil, Gas & Energy Accounting.
The MBA with a Concentration in Accounting is only available to students who have completed intermediate undergraduate coursework in accounting.
9. Prairie View A&M University
The university offers baccalaureate degrees in 50 academic majors, 37 master’s degrees and 4 doctoral degree programs through 8 colleges and the School of Architecture. PVAMU is one of the Texas land-grant universities. Founded in 1876, it is the second oldest public university in the State of Texas. Diverse Issues in Higher Education consistently recognize it as one of the top institutions in the country for producing the highest number of African-American architects and engineers.
The College of Business offers 36-semester credit hours MBA degree aimed at providing opportunities to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in profit or not-for-profit enterprises. The program integrates various business disciplines to provide the high-quality educational experience needed to assume a leadership role as a manager or entrepreneur. Students who do not have a bachelor’s degree in business (or no coursework in business) may be required to take up to five (5) foundational or concepts courses. These five are Concepts of Accounting, Concepts of Finance, Concepts of Economic Analysis, Business Statistics, and Concepts of Marketing.
Prairie View has received accolades for being a Best Online MBA Program for 2016 by geteducated.com and Best Affordable Online MBA Program for 2016-17.
10. Texas A&M University-Commerce
A&M’s College of Business offers an MBA that prepares the graduate student for advanced management positions. Graduates will also be able to tackle analytic and strategic leadership solutions regarding economic, ethical, and environmental issues. The 30-48 hours program ranks as a Top Online MBA and a Best Buy for 2016. The curriculum consists of six prerequisites courses that may be waived for students with appropriate undergraduate coursework. There are 18 hours of the Managerial Component, 6 hours of Information Analysis, and 6 hours of electives.
Of interest to prospective students is that A&M Commerce participates in a consortium of 11 universities in the British Studies Program. The University of Southern Mississippi is the coordinating school and awards the actual transcript credit for these courses. Locally, the director of the Joe B. Hinton Office of International Studies administers the British Studies Program. A&M-Commerce students may use these courses as a part of their MBA program either as substitutes for core courses or as electives, depending on the course(s) one takes. Coursework is available in the areas of international study in accounting, economics, finance, management, or marketing. Applicants for these courses must already be enrolled in a graduate program and are in good standing academically. Students may enroll in up to two 3-hour courses.
11. Texas A&M-Texarkana
A&M Texarkana has received recognition as a Best Online College, Best Value MBA, Best Graduate School for Online Business Administration and Best Online MBA 2016. Their online College of Business, Engineering and Technology provides the opportunity to select the General MBA or one of two options, each of which is 36 credits:
- General MBA: You will learn about managerial finance, international management, macroeconomic theory and policy, and organizational behavior, among others.
- Energy Leadership: The coursework develops skills vital to successful leadership, including Risk Assessment and Management, Accounting and Financial Management, and Management of Professional and Personnel Resources.
- Supply Chain Management: Students will develop analytical skills in learning about inventory management, logistics, quality, purchasing, and transportation.
The College of Business is committed to delivering a quality education to its students. The process that is in place for meeting and exceeding the expectations of stakeholders (including students, faculty, administration, and industry partners) for high quality depends on faculty oversight and engagement. To make this process easily understood, the faculty has aligned their assurance of quality process to AACSB assurance of learning (AOL) standards.
12. University of North Carolina-Pembroke
UNCP’s offers four accelerated 36 credit-hours 100% online graduate business programs:
- Master of Business Administration (general) covers all major aspects of business, including accounting, finance, economics, and marketing, while developing your interpersonal and management skills. Examine the nature of human behavior, organizational structures and processes, the impact of financial decisions, and the essential elements of international business. To complete the MBA, students must complete eight core courses and four elective courses.
- In addition to the general MBA, there is a concentration in Supply Chain Management, which gives you the business knowledge and skills you need to effectively manage the flow of goods and services from point of origin to point of consumption. The program consists of eight core courses, three supply chain concentration courses and one elective.
- The concentration in Financial Services imparts the business skills and financial tools you need to get ahead in this competitive industry. You will also gain a broad understanding of corporate finance, financial restructuring, and portfolio management. There are eight core courses, two financial services concentration courses and two of the three finance electives.
- Finally, the Business Analytics concentration teaches the knowledge of basic analytic software programming, including how to import and export data, manage the data frame, and write basic scripts. You must complete eight core courses and four business analytics concentration courses.
13. Tarleton State University
Graduate degree programs offered in the College of Business Administration (COBA) are the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Information Systems (MS-IS), Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MS-HRM), Master of Science in Management and Leadership (MS M&L), and Master of Accounting (MAcc). The MBA and the MS in Management and Leadership are available in Stephenville, Waco, Southwest Metroplex (Fort Worth), and Online. The MS in Human Resource Management and the MS in Information Systems is available at the Stephenville campus and Online. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution with a grade point average of at least 2.5 on the last 60 hours of credit completed. The applicant must also have submitted GRE or GMAT, if required, scores and have satisfied applicable program prerequisites.
Founded in 1899, Tarleton joined the Texas A&M System in 1917 and now offers nearly 100 undergraduate and graduate programs across four Texas campuses and its Global Campus-Online. You also have the option to complete a blended program by supplementing online classes with day, evening, or weekend face-to-face classes in Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian, or Stephenville. These possibilities allow you the opportunity to earn an affordable degree while maintaining professional and personal obligations.
14. Angelo State University
The College of Graduate Studies and Research offers provides an online MBA designed to develop and enhance the knowledge valuable to executives, administrators, and managers. The educational emphasis is on organizational decision-making, which will benefit those pursuing or seeking a career at the executive level in either public or private organizations. Consisting of only 30 semester credit hours, the online sections are offered in 8-week terms (two per long semester). Thus, the M.B.A. program can be completed in as few as 12 months for full-time time students; part-time students will take longer, depending on the number of classes taken each semester. The curriculum consists of ten required courses and no electives.
This program is an interdisciplinary business program, with coursework in accounting, marketing, management, finance, economics, the legal and social environment of business, data analytics, and management information systems. International business and business ethics are integrated throughout the MBA curriculum.
Students who hold an undergraduate business degree should be prepared to start the MBA without any foundation courses. Those who hold an undergraduate degree in an area other than business may be required to complete one or more of the foundation requirements.
15. Eastern New Mexico University
All of the programs in the ENMU College of Business are 100% online. Additionally, their competitive tuition rates make them the second-lowest tuition in the state, and one of the most affordable in the nation. The school has also received awards for being first in the Nation for Least Expensive Online Degrees in Education and Business (2014). USA today has recognized them as one of the most affordable 4-Year Universities in the Nation.
Their MBA degree is available completely online, or to resident students on the Portales campus, and consists of a 10-course program taught by resident faculty who hold doctorates in their field. The degree places emphasis on the development of managerial generalists, rather than specialists, which requires the study of all major areas of business. This program has several components: skill competency, undergraduate common body of knowledge, core classes, and approved electives. Students must complete 11 core courses (30 credits). The coursework is comprised of credit hours from the categories of accounting, business administration, finance, economics, information systems, marketing, and management. The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits this MBA.
16. Cameron University
Cameron’s MBA program will benefit individuals who wish to acquire management-related competencies, skills, and integrated understanding of business and business-related environments. The program emphasizes theory and a practitioner’s orientation in preparing students for management positions. In addition to the online format, evening classes both on-site and through interactive television (ITV) provide the degree. Courses are taught at the main campus and are sent via OneNet to other locations in Oklahoma.
Prospective students are required to pass a comprehensive examination confirming they are fully prepared to succeed in the business arena. Once approved the curriculum is comprised of four parts, the first being 12 hours of Leveling Courses, followed by 24 hours of Core Courses, and Part III is 9 hours of electives. The fourth part is the successful completion of a written comprehensive exam. There are no specialties within this MBA; however, students will gain an understanding of a range of business topics, including finance, marketing, economics, accounting, and human resource management. Generally, students will complete their coursework in 2-3 years if they attend full time. Classes are available in fall, spring, and summer sessions.
17. University of Massachusetts-Lowell
UMass Lowell’s Online Master’s Degree in Business Administration effectively prepares students to compete in a rapidly changing global environment. Offered by the University’s Robert J. Manning School of Business through the Division of Online and Continuing Education, this AACSB accredited MBA program integrates theory and practice through real-world projects and case studies applicable to commercial, industrial, and not-for-profit settings. The program consists of 10 to 16 courses (30-42 credits), depending upon the student’s educational background. The program is available entirely online or as a mix of online and on-campus courses for those who prefer to come to campus. It has been ranked as a Best Online MBA Program by U.S. News & World Report and a Best Business School by the Princeton Review.
The curriculum consists of 16 courses or 42 credits of which 7 courses or 21 credits are required MBA Core courses, plus 3 courses or 9 credits of electives. The electives provide course selections in accounting, information technology, marketing, and finance. UMass believes in delivering a high-quality, affordable online program that makes earning your degree or certificates more convenient. All online students have access to online course technical support 24 x 7, and their academic advisors and program coordinators are happy to help you with your questions.
18. University of Texas-Permian Basin
Recognized by US News as a Best Online Program, the school’s online 30-36 credit General MBA can be completed in as few as 12 months. There are 30 hours for students holding a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), and 36 hours for those without a BBA. For specialists, there is a choice of finance or accounting emphasis. Both are 33-36 hours for BBA graduates and 42 hours each for non-BBA students. This program is open to all students holding baccalaureate degrees from accredited colleges or universities and meeting the following provisions: satisfactory performance during the last two undergraduate years (or other evidence predicting success in graduate study), and a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Students required to take the GMAT test must do so before completion of 6 semester hours of 6300 level coursework.
Located in Odessa, Texas, UTPB is home to over 7,000 students and 250 teaching faculty. They are proud to receive recognition for providing affordable education without sacrificing quality – all while giving students the flexibility of fully online undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University is one of the top 35 public schools in Regional Universities West according to U.S. News and World Report and earns rankings for best online bachelor’s degree programs and best undergraduate engineering programs.
19. Southeastern Oklahoma State University
At Southeastern Oklahoma State University online, you can prepare for success through our 100% online, accelerated MBA programs. Each of their 36 credit-hours programs provides you with essential business skills in finance, marketing, and strategic management, along with specialization courses in your chosen field. Choose which of the following AACSB-accredited MBA programs online is right for you:
- General: Develop the necessary skills and competencies through applied business projects and a course covering all aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Accounting: Coursework includes finance, accounting, marketing, economics, behavioral management, research, and data analysis to give you a foundation for success in any business.
- Entrepreneurship: Core coursework includes accounting, economics, behavioral management, research, and data analysis to give you a foundation for success in any business pursuit.
- Aerospace Logistics: Coursework includes fundamentals in finance, accounting, economics, behavioral management, and research and data analysis.
- Finance: Specialized topics cover security investments, international financial management, and an exploration of modern portfolio theory.
- Healthcare Information Systems: Learn how to navigate the laws around electronic health records and the politics of changes in the industry.
- Hospitality Marketing: Focus on topics in HR management, as well as the development of travel and tourism, hotel operations, and restaurants.
- Human Resources: Take away tools and techniques used to develop competitive advantage through strategic decisions, as well as successful supervisory management.
- Management: Learn about competitive advantage and strategy, applied business projects and management information systems.
- Marketing: Provides an integrated approach to analyzing consumer behavior and social media marketing methods.
- Safety: Gain the knowledge to advise companies on safety best practices and lead a team in implementing and following safety protocols.
- Strategic Communication: Provides a message-centered approach to vital rhetorical strategies used within the business world.
- Native American Leadership: Learn how to manage diversity as you explore organizational leadership, tribal sovereignty and contemporary issues.
20. Northwest Missouri State University
Earning an MBA degree online at the Melvin D. and Valerie G. Booth School of Business can prepare you to progress to higher management positions through the development of career-boosting foundational skills in business ethics, finance, quantitative analysis, policy formulation, global economics and more. Their MBA curriculum is innovative, comprehensive, and continuously updated to reflect the changing responsibilities of business leaders worldwide. There is the option of three concentrations:
- General Management: Gives you the skills to advance your career in a variety of management positions, along with adaptable decision-making tools and problem-solving techniques.
- Marketing: Provides expertise in strategic and global marketing, business decision analysis, and financial management with a management emphasis.
- Human Resource Management: Offers the opportunity to become well versed in corporate recruitment, compensation, organizational training, employment law and more.
In order to earn the MBA in Human Resource Management or Marketing Online, students must complete 11 courses (33 credit hours), including 21 hours of core courses and 12 hours of concentration courses. The General Management requires the completion of 11 courses (33 credit hours), including 24 hours of core courses and 9 hours of advisor-approved general management concentration courses. Students are able to graduate in as few as 12-18 months.
The university received accolades as Global Online MBA (CEO Magazine), Best U.S. Colleges for Business Majors (NerdWallet), and named a Military Friendly School for five consecutive years.
21. University of Central Arkansas
The university designed this online MBA to meet the needs of students preparing for positions in upper management in business and related organizations. The program offers students advanced study in the various functional areas of business, emphasizing teaming, communication, problem-solving, research, computer technology, case studies, and project-based instruction. The program is flexible in allowing students to select an area of concentration reflective of their interest. Areas of concentration include Finance, Health Care Administration (HCA), Information Management, and International Business. Admission to this program requires a score of at least 500 on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or the equivalent GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score.
Founded in 1907, the school now offers 152 certificates and degrees from associate to doctoral levels. U.S. News and World Report rank their MBA as a Best Online MBA Program, #72 in Regional Universities South, #24 in Top Public Schools, and #372 in Business Programs. All online courses at UCA Online are completely online and require no face-to-face or classroom attendance. Students admitted in an approved online graduate degree program and designated as an online student receive affordable flat-rate tuition per credit hour regardless of residency or location.
22. Arkansas State University
Their College of Business offers an online MBA provides high quality, flexible graduate management education for students with varied academic and professional backgrounds. The graduate faculty strives to build comprehensive and challenging programs of excellence to meet the needs of a dynamic, global business environment through a leading-edge curriculum emphasizing leadership/values, international business, latest technology, decision tools, and social responsibility/ethics facilitated by action-based learning. The general MBA program consists of 27 hours of core courses and 6 hours of electives for a total of 33 hours.
The program of study includes the functional areas of business with the opportunity to obtain emphasis areas in Supply Chain Management, with in-depth coverage of the core components of the supply chain functions of business as they relate to firms operating in a dynamic global business environment, and Finance.
The concentration in Supply Chain Management allows students to complement their studies in business administration with in-depth coverage of the core components of the supply chain functions of business as they relate to firms operating in a dynamic global business environment.
The concentration in Finance allows students to complement their studies in business administration with in-depth coverage of the core components of finance, including corporate ﬁnance, ﬁnancial markets and institutions, and investments.
This online MBA is the only business program nationally ranked in the top 15 in both Quality and Affordability.
23. Missouri State University
This MBA program requires 18 hours of foundation courses. This foundation is composed of the following six graduate-level courses which are designed to provide accelerated coverage of the knowledge base necessary for students to benefit most from the MBA curriculum. Upon evaluation of your baccalaureate degree transcripts, some or all of these six courses may be waived, particularly for students holding an undergraduate degree in business. All of the foundation courses are now available once each year via the Internet. There are no campus visit requirements. With foundation courses met, the MBA degree requires a minimum of 33 semester hours of graduate credit composed of 24 hours of Core Courses and 9 hours of ‘Other Requirements’. A Seminar Course (3 hours) and elective options (6 hours) comprise the latter.
The program offers a traditional and accelerated format. Undergraduate majors in the College of Business may apply for admission to accelerated program during the second semester of their junior year.
Recently, Missouri State’s MBA program ranked as a Top Area Program by Kansas City’s business magazine, Ingram’s Magazine, and ranked No. 10 for “Best Affordable Online MBA Programs with Regional Accreditation.” Additionally, Victory Media has named it a Military Friendly School for five consecutive years, representing the top 20 percent of U.S. colleges, universities, and trade schools that deliver the best experience to military students.
24. Henderson State University
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredits their 30-hour MBA program, which can be completed within one calendar year. The degree consists of several general business courses providing students with the broad knowledge needed to be successful in a business career. In addition, advisors work with each student to find the electives that best compliment and prepare students for specific professions. Students have the choice of the General MBA, MBA with a concentration in Accounting, and an MBA with a concentration in Public Management. The School of Business offers graduate courses in Hot Springs and online. Through a rotation system with courses in Arkadelphia, Hot Springs, and online, students can complete the requirements for the MBA degree from HSU on a part-time basis in just two years.
Henderson State University is a public learning institution that aspires to be a vital educational and cultural center for its local community, region, and state. Their faculty and staff are dedicated to serving a diverse student body from across Arkansas and over twenty-five other states as well as a number of foreign countries. Founded in 1890, the school now offers 42 bachelor’s degrees, 11 master’s, 1 educational specialist, and 5 graduate certificate programs. Some of their esteemed alumni include a Medal of Honor recipient, a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian, an Academy Award-winning screenwriter and actor, a former general and chief of staff of the U.S. Air Force, a professional golfer and a crime novelist.
25. Southern Arkansas University
The David F. Rankin College of Business known for its affordability offers an online 30-credits MBA program that typically takes two years to complete. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, the premier accrediting body for colleges and schools of business, accredits this degree. This agency accredits fewer than five percent of all business programs worldwide. The general business emphasis curriculum includes graduate level courses in accounting, economics, finance, marketing, organizational theory, quantitative analysis, strategic management, and management information systems. The curriculum is primarily for graduates of a Bachelor of Business Administration program, but graduates of other programs can enter the program by completing a 24-hour prerequisite program.
The latest addition is the 36-hour Social Entrepreneurship program aimed at providing graduates with the skills and knowledge to support and implementing business-led initiatives to achieve social aims. The agriculture business emphasis is a 33-hour program that requires 24 hours of graduate core courses and nine hours of agricultural business electives. The Supply Chain Management emphasis is a 33-hour program, which requires 24 hours of graduate core courses and nine hours of electives.
U.S. News and World Report considers this degree as a Best Online MBA Program.
26. Oklahoma State University
The Spears School of Business offers an MBA online in a 42-credit hour program with part-time enrollment. Applicants must have a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college, possess a competitive GMAT score and at least a 3.0 GPA. Work experience is preferred but not required. While there are no formal prerequisite courses to the program, a sound background in calculus and quantitative skills is beneficial. The program is self-paced, allowing students to take a limited number of credit hours each semester. US News & World Report has recognized this program in the category of Best Online MBA and Best Online for Veterans.
An MBA completed through the School of Business propels graduates beyond fundamental problem solving, into a higher realm of administrative versatility. The program is flexible and imparts real-world preparedness to improve businesses and society over a lifetime. Ambitious professionals with niche market interests and anyone seeking to span services across a variety of markets. A testament to the stature of their MBA is that a 2015 survey demonstrated that 98% of graduates were employed or had jobs offers within three months of receiving their diploma.
27. Augusta University
The James M. Hull College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and offers outstanding, highly-engaged business and technology education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Redesigned in 2016, the Hull MBA courses are taught by renowned College of Business faculty who facilitate a highly-engaged learning environment that will provide you with the experience to actively contribute to your future and the future of your organizations. The required 30-hour curriculum is flexible and can be completed within 12-24 months. In addition to the 30 hours, there are 6 hours of optional electives available.
MBA students will engage in a core set of ten courses designed to strengthen managerial skills in the fundamental business areas ranging from accounting and marketing to operations and strategy. Courses are highly accessible through multiple deliveries including evening face-to-face, hybrid, weekend, emersion, and online courses.
The Hull College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and has been since 1999. It was given its current name in 2006 after James M. Hull, who donated two million dollars to the college and university as a whole – the largest such gift in Augusta State school history.
28. The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Robert C. Vackar College of Business & Entrepreneurship offers innovative, research-driven, and often experiential programs designed for the working student. AACSB International accredits their MBA; also, they are one of few schools in the nation who’s accelerated online MBA program offers Quality Matters certified courses. The school offers three choices in their MBA program:
- MBA (General): If you are pursuing advanced study in a multicultural business environment.
- Financial Planning: This accelerated program provides you with the knowledge to deliver sound professional advice in the areas of personal wealth management, retirement, estate, insurance and tax planning.
- Health Care Administration: Students can choose from a variety of coursework covering healthcare accounting, financial management, human resources management, health management information systems, and marketing.
- International Trade: Coursework includes various pertinent elements in the global business environment, such as customs, trans-border operations, and multicultural marketing.
Students can complete one of these 36-credit hours’ programs in as few as 12 months in this accelerated format. There is also an online traditional 36-credit MBA that students can complete in 36 months, which provides students with advanced study in a multicultural business environment with the goal of enhancing their business and administrative careers.
29. Emporia State University
Since 1863, Emporia State University has prepared teachers in nationally acclaimed teacher education programs. For the last 40 years, outstanding and highly accredited programs in Business, Library and Information Management, and Liberal Arts and Sciences have prepared our students to take their place in a competitive and increasingly global society.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) accredits the MBA program at Emporia State, a distinction held by less than 5% of business schools worldwide. The program consists of 12 courses or the equivalent of 36 credit hours. You can pursue a traditional MBA or include a specialty in Accounting or Information Systems. This program is offered at the Emporia campus or online. Their online MBA is the only program in Kansas ranked in the top 20 nationally and is one of the most affordable in Kansas. In 2016, US News & World Report ranked this program as a Best Online MBA.
The accounting concentration is for those interested in fulfilling the 150-hour admission requirement for the Uniform CPA Examination and for those interested in developing a more in-depth background in accounting. The Information Systems concentration provides an optional Information Systems concentration. This program provides students with additional knowledge and expertise to effectively manage IT projects and assess an organization’s IT capabilities. Both require 36 hours for graduation.
30. Ashland University
The Dauch College of Business & Economics offers a one year online MBA with an affordably priced tuition, which includes all web-based course materials and your Project Management Profession (PMP) Exam fee. The curriculum is structured into a series of 30 credit hours, delivered over 6 sessions that span less than 12 months. The program is designed for an accelerated schedule, but it is also available in a part-time format and part-time students typically complete the program within 16 to 24 months. For individuals who do not want to move at an accelerated pace may elect to complete their MBA in two or three years. If you do start at the faster one-year pace, you can always switch to a lower course load.
In addition to the core courses, there eleven specializations from which to choose. A short list includes business analytics, Health Care Management, Project Management, and Sports Management.
Students who are local to Central Ohio and Northeast Ohio can opt to enroll for in-class courses for a physical in-person learning experience. As a result, local students can enroll for classes at the main campus, or any of their four MBA centers throughout Ohio in Independence, Medina, Canton, and Columbus. If you’d like to take classes online but still prefer a classroom setting, you may be able to register for synchronous classes throughout a given semester or term.
31. University of Alaska-Fairbanks
UAF’s School of Management offers professional education applicable to the various fields of business. The program prepares graduates to meet the complex problems of the technical, economic, and social environment and to enable them to provide imaginative and responsible leadership to industry and government. Their MBA degree has two options: General Management and Capital Markets, both of which have the same core courses of 3 credits each:
- Organizational Theory for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods for Managers
- Financial Markets and Strategy
- Corporate Strategy (Capstone Course)
The General Management concentration courses consist of choosing three (3 credit each) from a list of eleven subjects, for example, HR Management, Financial Statements Analysis, and Business Law & Ethics. All of these are available online, whereas the concentration courses in the Capital Markets concentration are offered in the classroom only.
Non-UAF applicants with a bachelor’s degree in business from an AACSB-accredited institution and an overall GPA of 3.25 or above may be admitted without taking the GMAT or GRE. Those with GPA’s between 3.25 and 2.75 must submit results of the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking exam. Those with GPA’s below 2.75 must submit results from the GMAT or GRE.
32. Lamar University
Lamar University’s College of Business, part of the Texas State University System, offers an online MBA based on the FranklinCovey principles of leadership. Due to the university’s commitment to quality and nationally recognized faculty, their MBA ranked in the Top 10 in the State of Texas, and The Princeton Review ranked Lamar University’s College of Business as one of its Top 294 Business Schools in the nation. Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranked Lamar University 81 in its “Global 100” list for 2011-2012. The program provides the choice of these specialties:
- General MBA: Affords a comprehensive business education that includes core managerial finance and accounting knowledge, as well as marketing, strategic management, economics, and international management courses.
- Construction Project Management: Equips you with the knowledge, models and tools to manage time, cost, quality, sustainability, risk, safety and human resources involved in complex projects.
- Criminal Justice Management: Entails management theory, organizational leadership, and business communication, legal issues and trends associated with both business and law enforcement leadership.
- Enterprise Resource Planning: You will gain the leadership, management, and financial skills along with expertise in the principles and use of data analytics.
- Healthcare Administration: Offers the core leadership skills and business knowledge, along with specialized knowledge of healthcare-specific business topics to help you navigate those changes and lead healthcare facilities and businesses into the future.
- Management: Learn about staff management, personnel planning, employee incentives and professional development, negotiations, and conflict resolution.
33. Louisiana State University
LSU Shreveport offers an online MBA in these concentrations:
- Data Analytics: Learn how to examine and strategically apply data to make informed business decisions.
- Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise: Knowledge and practices in entrepreneurship as well as small business and family-business management.
- Finance: Broadens your knowledge of financial market conditions and behaviors.
- General Business: Understand and master the integration of strategy, leadership, and management of a business unit.
- Hospitality and Casino Management: Focuses on the key concerns of casino and resort management.
- Human Resource Management: Focuses on the interrelationships between an organization’s employees, its leadership, and the business organization.
- International Business: Study international marketing and strategic expansion of companies into more than one country.
- Marketing: Coursework in operations, finance, and organizational strategy, along with product, services, and international marketing.
- Project Management: Enhances your ability to manage the unique objectives, timelines, and coordination involved in complex projects.
All of these specializations are 30 hours, which may be completed within 10 months, and they have the same tuition. As an online student, you will benefit from personalized support throughout your degree program and receive the same esteemed degree as conferred on campus. In addition, their online coursework is flexible and accelerated, allowing you to earn your degree while continuing to work. LSU’s MBA was ranked #4 Best Affordable AACSB Online Program.
34. Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university with numerous national and international academic accreditations. In addition to offering more than 145 undergraduate majors, 100 minors, and more than 75 graduate programs. Founded in 1873, the university has flourished to its current enrollment of 10,458 undergraduate and 1,044 graduate students. The school provides more than 250 online courses with attractive tuition for students from 52 different countries and almost all 50 states.
The Donald L. Harrison College of Business offers an online 33-credit MBA in three options:
- General Management: Focuses on business administration coursework emphasizing leadership, communication, information technology and financial analysis.
- Sport Management: Made for students interested in various dimensions of sports management, including, but not limited to, marketing.
- Health Administration: Promotes better decision making among managers by providing them with the background necessary to understand the internal and external environments influencing health administration and health policy.
The Association to Advance Collegiate School or Business (AACSB) and the Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) + (COSCA) accredit all of the MBA programs. Individuals admitted to the MBA program must have an undergraduate degree from an AACSB accredited business program or have satisfactorily completed the equivalent coursework from an accredited institution. Students without the foundation knowledge base in business and economics, yet meeting other admission requirements, may receive provisional admission to the MBA program.
35. Western Governors University
WGU designed their online MBA program for experienced business professionals focused on advancing their careers. It can also benefit anyone who wants to further develop their knowledge of business, management, and strategy. The curriculum emphasizes the principles of effective management and leadership that maximize performance and improve the bottom line.
WGU also offers an MBA in Information Technology Management, designed with input from tech industry experts and leading employers, includes coursework in key areas including leadership, project management, IT strategic solutions, and financial management. This degree program will prepare you for upward mobility and career success in IT management.
Their College of Business offers a third MBA in Healthcare Management to prepare motivated individuals for mid- to upper-level management positions in hospitals, health system management, consulting, physician practices, and government and non-government agencies.
WGU’s academic approach is competency-based and dedicated to producing highly competent graduates. Instead of basing progress on credit hours and seat-time in the classroom, you earn your degree by demonstrating your skills and knowledge (competence) in specific subject areas. This academic approach utilizes a variety of assessments to measure your skills and knowledge (or competence) in your chosen field. This format allows you to move at your own pace, which may save money as they have an attractive flat-rate tuition per term.
36. Louisiana Tech University
Their College of Business offers four concentrations of the MBA program, however only the General MBA is available online. Students must complete our foundation course requirements. These courses cover a broad array of subjects that prepare students for graduate work in business administration. Students with undergraduate degrees in business will most likely have completed these courses in their undergraduate studies. For those without undergraduate degrees in business, there are two ways to satisfy these requirements. First, a student can complete the 18 hours of credit by enrolling in our six undergraduate foundation courses. Alternatively, they have an online Fast-Track option. There are five Fast-Track foundation courses. Each is an online, self-paced, pass/fail course. Students register for these courses over a regular 10 week quarter, however many find that they can complete these courses in less time.
Founded in 1894 in Ruston, Louisiana, the school provides a quality and affordable education to approximately 12,873 students from 47 states and 64 foreign countries. It is committed to quality in teaching, research, creative activity, public service, and economic development. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accredits their College of Business and they are members of the Association for University Business and Economics Research. The latter is the premier professional organization dedicated to continually improving the quality, effectiveness, and application of research in business, economics, and public policy.
37. University of Sioux Falls
The University of Sioux Falls 21-month, part-time MBA is convenient, flexible and affordable particularly for seasoned professionals well established in their careers. Concentrations available this part-time MBA (evening and online):
- Business Innovation and Marketing: You will gain a mastery of knowledge and competency in business management, with a focus on innovation, marketing, business plan development and sales management.
- Healthcare: For individuals with healthcare work experience including doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who want to add a top MBA school education to their resume. And for professionals pursuing a career in healthcare.
- Management: Improve your skills in managing people and organizational systems, and become well versed in team-building and employee motivation.
All of these concentrations consist of a minimum of 36 semester hours. There are 24 hours of the core MBA courses and 12 hours of the respective concentration.
Successful completion of undergraduate coursework in statistics, microeconomics, financial accounting, and managerial finance are mandatory for the MBA program. Individuals without this background will be required to complete foundation courses prior to enrollment into the associated MBA course(s). A maximum of nine semester hours of graduate credit earned at other regionally accredited degree-granting institutions may be transferred into the MBA program.
38. American Public University
APU’s online MBA program is ideal for individuals and working professionals seeking an advanced management degree that emphasizes timely research, analytical capabilities, and actionable strategies. The curriculum is continually assessed and optimized using guidance from industry advisory councils. Whether choosing a general or specific concentration, students gain fundamental knowledge of core business competencies including administrative and leadership theory, business marketing, management, finance, law, information systems, and strategy development. In addition, this comprehensive MBA dovetails with several university specialties so you can concentrate in areas of professional or personal interest including entrepreneurship, global business management, information technology management, accounting, finance, nonprofit management, sports management, healthcare, analytics, and government contracting. There are 13 concentrations from which to chose.
A sampling of the learning objectives are:
- Analyze the legal, regulatory, and compliance issues impacting managers in today’s marketplace, and emphasize the importance of continuing education for managers for future legal changes.
- Compare and contrast various market-driven strategies used by organizations to effectively plan for current and future needs of customers.
- Distinguish and implement various analytical financial tools to conduct business analysis and to communicate possible solutions and implementation plans for business decisions.
The program consists of 39 credits of which a maximum of 15 are transferable into this two-year program.
39. Frostburg State University
Frostburg State’s MBA program gives you the professional edge you need to succeed in today’s demanding business world. The program provides a strong, well-rounded foundation in accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and management. Whether you work for a corporation, small business, or nonprofit organization, you will gain the global perspective you need to lead, manage resources and people, and become a change agent in your organization. The curriculum of 36-42 credits is dependent on your academic background, whether you have an undergraduate degree in business or a non-business major.
The MBA required core consists of 36 credits (12 required courses of 3 credit hours each). Students are eligible to enroll directly in the 36-credit program after successfully completing six credits in essential courses (the MBA essentials) or their equivalent as an undergraduate or graduate student. If you do not have the necessary prior coursework in business, you will be required to complete up to 42 credits to earn the MBA. Waiver of the six credit essential courses will be considered after a review of the official transcript. The study plan exposes you to the functional components of organizational activity, namely accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and management.
This AACSB-accredited online MBA program has received accolades for providing assurance of affordability with quality and flexibility in a six-session per year format.
40. West Liberty Universit
The Gary E. West College of Business (WCOB) offers an MBA with a concentration in management 100% online. This is a 30-credit hour or 10 courses program with each course presented in an accelerated format of seven-week classes. The program has a prescribed course sequence with classes starting in January and August. During the first term after admission, all students will enroll in GBUS 525 – Social Responsibility & Business Ethics and a no charge, no credit MBA orientation course. Depending on the student’s preference or needs, the program may be completed in as little as 12 months by taking two courses per seven-week term or at a slower pace in one year and eight months taking one course in each seven-week term.
Before taking any courses in the MBA program, each student requires a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.5 overall undergraduate grade point average. Once admitted to the program, students will be required to take the Inbound Placement Exam that is aligned with major foundational areas of the online MBA program. Those accepted begin with 21 credit hours of core courses, followed by the 9 hours of the Management concentration.
The WCOB has received specialized accreditation by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
41. Governors State University
GSU offers online and on-campus MBA options for students in either a part-time or full-time option. This degree may be completed on campus or as a mix of both on campus and online classes as a part-time or full-time student. Specializations are available in Business Analytics, Finance, Leadership, Supply Chain Management, or create customized specialization based on your career goals. Crain’s Chicago Business publication highlighted this program as the most affordable MBA in the Chicago area. The two options are:
- General Management MBA: The majority of the 33 hours is the required courses section that features topics such as strategic management, organizational behavior, and information systems and technology. Students then choose nine hours from the list of online MBA selective courses provided by the academic advisor. Online career selective courses are currently available in leadership, human resource management, advanced financial management, and supply chain management.
- Supply Chain Management MBA: You learn to solve logistics problems, to mobilize your organization in achieving strategic objectives and to lead innovative solutions resulting in business success. A sampling of the nine specialization hours is global supply chain management, logistics, transportation, and materials management. IN addition to being praised by Crain’s magazine, this program has also been lauded by the Wall Street Journal in 2013 as a “Hot New MBA.”
42. West Chester University
The College of Business and Public Administration’s MBA program seeks motivated individuals with diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated quality performance as an undergraduate. Each of their programs, offered over seven weeks, are open both to in-state and out-of-state students. Five terms are offered in each academic year (Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, and Summer). Each seven-week term course is a full three-credit graduate course. Most part-time students take only one course per seven-week term. Full-time students take multiple courses per seven-week term. You can vary your load in a given session to suit your work/life balance. Their online courses are asynchronous, which means that there are weekly deadlines and examination windows, but generally, no other set time that you need to log into the course.
The 30-hour MBA program consists of 21 hours of Core courses and 9 credits of electives. Some of the electives cover globalization, business analytics, entrepreneurship, law and ethics, and economics of healthcare.
U.S. News and World Report ranks them as one of the Best Online MBA Programs for 2017. The SR Education Group ranks the program as the 12th best value in the United States in the 2018 Top Online Colleges for MBA Programs.
43. University of Maine
The Maine Business School offers a single Masters in Business Administration program, which consists of 30 credits in a 10-course format. They refer to the program as “the Essential MBA” because it provides students with essential business knowledge in accounting, finance, marketing, and management, as well as to advance skills in leadership, critical thinking and analysis, and global engagement. U.S. News and World Report ranked them as one of the top 200 Business Schools in the nation. In addition, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accredits this MBA.
This is not a completely asynchronous program, as some of the classes require the synchronous participation of varying degrees. For instance, there are times when distance students must be online at specified times (always at night, eastern U.S. time). For some classes this is weekly; for others, the synchronous requirement is less frequent. In addition, many classes have no synchronous component.
Students are required to have a minimum of a B- in all prerequisite courses, whether taken at UMaine or other accredited, undergraduate schools. For graduates of bachelor’s degree programs only, The Maine Business School offers three tutorials as an alternative to coursework as qualifying prerequisites in Management, Marketing, and Finance.
44. Mississippi State University
MSU’s College of Business offers an accredited 30-hour fully online MBA program offers students an affordable and flexible opportunity to participate in useful, well-designed courses. The coursework emphasizes management, marketing, finance, economics, business information systems, and quantitative analysis. The program ranked #10 in Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans 2017 by US News & World Report, consists of 27 required hours of core MBA courses, and 3 hours of electives. There is the choice of a general M.B.A. degree as well as the concentration in Project Management. Both of the programs are offered on the Starkville campus as well as online.
Graduates will possess the knowledge and the awareness of current business trends and challenges posed by the rapidly changing global economy, as well as an understanding of the ethical and social responsibilities of business. Additionally, you will have enhanced skills in speaking and writing, analyzing data and synthesizing information, working effectively with individuals and teams, utilizing technologies to support and communicate decisions, and making and recognizing well-reasoned decisions.
An applicant for the M.B.A. program should hold a bachelor’s degree from a fully recognized four-year institution of higher learning that enjoys unconditional accreditation by appropriate regional accrediting agencies. Applicants must also take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Admission to the M.B.A. program requires a competitive GPA and a competitive GMAT or GRE score administered within the last five years.
45. Radford University
Radford’s College of Graduate Studies and Research offers an online MBA designed to be taken by part-time students throughout the Commonwealth and the world. The program offers at least two classes online each semester. By taking two classes each fall, spring, and summer, students can graduate in two years. The core courses establish a well-rounded base of business knowledge in seven areas of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, operations, and strategy & organizational behavior. Throughout these courses, (24 credit hours) students will develop and enhance critical analytical, communication, and leadership skills. Students engage in independent and team learning for course assignments by working with a diverse student body and faculty. The program accentuates leadership skills, job seeking and career development skills, networking, and additional topic areas that are beneficial to an MBA’s future career path.
Students are permitted five elective courses. Four of the courses (12 credits) target electives in analytics and innovation, reflecting their mission to develop analytical and innovative business professionals. Students may take one free elective course in another business elective or they may use this elective for a directed study or internship for credit.
The university has been named one of the best business schools in the United States by The Princeton Review for the consecutive years of 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. In addition, it offers one of the most competitively priced MBA Programs in Virginia.
46. University of Houston
The School of Business Administration at the University of Houston – Victoria offers quality online courses and degrees in three programs:
- Global MBA: The program has six core courses that address key domestic and international business issues. As a student in our program, you’ll also take 12 hours in a concentration of greatest interest to your pursuits.
- Strategic MBA: Prepares you as a business strategist in your chosen field while widening your knowledge in a concentration of your choice of accounting, entrepreneurship, economic development, finance, human resources management, marketing, or international business.
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship (MSEDE): The program that combines equally the disciplines of economic development and entrepreneurship to provide you with a holistic view of economic growth. You will gain a complete understanding of the economic development process as well as the opportunity to learn how to start and grow a profitable business.
All programs are 30 hours, with the caveat that students without a business degree could require up to 54 hours in the Global MBA or up to 48 hours in the Strategic MBA.
The Princeton Review included the School of Business Administration in its list of 2016 Best 295 Business Schools. The School of Arts & Sciences ranked third nationally on the Affordable Schools 2016 list of Top 20 Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Communications.
47. University of North Dakota
Their College of Business and Public Administration at UND revised its MBA degree curriculum as of the fall 2017 semester. This curriculum will appeal to students from a variety of industries and includes four main learning modules: executive management, business analytics, financial & economic analysis, and strategy. This collection of modules will allow students to develop knowledge of advanced business functions, decision-making skills, and an understanding of internal and external factors affecting the management of organizations. There is the choice of three concentrations in this AACSB-accredited degree:
- General: Offers courses from a variety of disciplines including marketing, economics, management, healthcare administration, and social entrepreneurship.
- International Business: Provides specialized knowledge about global business practices, students can have a significant advantage in opportunities at home and abroad.
- Social Entrepreneurship: Learn from a diverse academic background needed to succeed as a social entrepreneur, which includes links to business, nonprofit management, political science, and public administration.
The MBA curriculum consists of 43 hours of which there are 34 core hours and 9 hours in business or related fields. A full course load for a graduate student is nine credit hours in a semester or six credits in a summer session. A graduate student may carry no more than sixteen credit hours per semester. Most students finish the program within two years.
48. Ball State University
Ball State’s Miller College of Business offers a nationally recognized MBA degree that delivers unmatched value. The business professors rank first in Indiana for faculty credentials by US News & World Report’s 2013 Top Online Education Programs. Also, their program is ranked the sixth “Best Buy” among online, AACSB-accredited MBA programs by the consumer advocacy group GetEducated.com. Other accolades include their MBA ranking in the top 20 of U.S. News & World Report’s listing of Top Online Business and MBA Programs for the last two years.
In addition to the General MBA, there are 5 areas of specialization:
- Entrepreneurship: Learn how to solve problems for your business and your customers.
- Finance: Study of finance theories, problem-solving, and case studies.
- Health Economics, Policy, and Administration: Learn to analyze the benefits and costs of different methods of health care delivery and financing.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Provides skill sets in supply chain management, quality management, and project management.
- Sales Management: Learn to establish and develop customer relationships, manage the customer relationship life cycle, use sales and marketing analytics to measure performance, and manage a sales force.
The 30-hour General MBA caters to professionals who want to develop the knowledge and skills in fundamental business disciplines to attain management and executive positions.
49. University of Southern Indiana
The Romain College of Business offers an MBA that allows working professionals to strengthen strategic, behavioral, and technical skills needed in dynamic business environments. They offer the MBA program in two formats to help students manage the time and effort required for the degree. The in-class and online format allows students to take courses online, hybrid, or on campus in 8 weeks or 16 weeks. The online-only format allows students to take courses online in 8 weeks. The program consists of 10 graduate courses (7 core courses and 3 concentration courses) which equal 30 credit hours. Students can complete the program in as little as one year, and the school offers rolling admission, so students can enroll in any of six start dates each year.
There is the choice of concentrations within the online MBA:
- Accounting: You will study economic tools and concepts, learn to interpret financial statements, and examine the current regulation.
- General MBA: Prepares you to engage in modern issues where business and society intersect.
- Data Analytics: Prepares you to excel at quantitative problem solving within business operations.
- Engineering Management: Prepares you for leadership roles in technology, manufacturing, construction, research, and development or industrial management.
- Human Resources: This program covers the methods, policies, and practices to strategically manage human resources.
- Healthcare Administration: Learn the process of identifying and mitigating risks, making data-driven decisions, and setting organizational strategy.
All these specialties are 30 credit-hours.
50. Jacksonville State University
The MBA program consists of 30 semester hours of graduate business courses for the general program or 33 semester hours of graduate business courses for the accounting concentration. In addition, there are 24 semester hours of foundation courses for 54 semester hours for the general program and 57 semester hours for the accounting concentration. Credit for foundation coursework may be given for courses already completed as part of a baccalaureate degree. Students without adequate undergraduate preparation are required to complete the 24 semester hours of foundation business and economics courses. The MBA Director will evaluate each student’s undergraduate coursework to determine which foundation courses are required prior to the student taking MBA courses. Students without adequate preparation will only be allowed to take only courses in fields of study in which the prerequisite coursework has been completed.
JSU’s School of Business and Industry (SBI) has been named as one of the top business schools in the country by The Princeton Review. In 2009, they were rated as 2nd in the country for “opportunities for women.” SBI continues to receive positive national rankings and are also recognized for our efforts to maintain reasonable tuition rates. Their online tuition is considered one of the lowest of all AACSB-International schools offering an online MBA program. Their curricula prepare baccalaureate and MBA graduates to be literate with information technology, ethically and globally aware, as well as analytical decision-makers who possess fully developed oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional Online Business Degree Resources
We invite you to check out these reports from DegreeQuery related to business degrees and careers: