Medical degrees have long been known to be a great path to lucrative and rewarding careers. They’re also often some of the longest duration degree programs as well as some of the most expensive types of degrees to acquire. Not if you play your cards right! In this guide we’ve detailed many of the most lucrative scholarships. And it’s hard to imagine a medical school candidate who isn’t eligible for at least a few on the list. If you’re considering a choice as large as medical school, you should be considering all of your options for financing. Let our guide help in this endeavor.
Scott A. Gunder, MD, DCMS Presidential Scholarship
- The Scott A Gunder MD presidential scholarship is for Pennsylvania residents. Applicants must be Pennsylvania residents for at least 12 months before registering as a medical student at Penn State College of medicine. The amount for the scholarship is $1500.
- Medical Students Pennsylvania Residents
American Indian Nurse Scholarship Awards
- The American Indian Nurse Scholarship awards was started help American Indians gain access to a nursing career. The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America is a small number of scholarships to help students of American Indian heritage pursue nursing or a field in the healthcare or health education. To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must be at least a quarter Native American, a high school graduate enrolled in nursing, or nursing and health or healthcare related program. The amount of these awards is $1500.
- Nursing Native American
Charles Shelton Veterinarian Medicine/Technology Scholarship
- The Charles Shelton foundation is a nonprofit organization providing scholarships for African-American students who are pursuing a degree in veterinary medicine. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to animal welfare, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be an African-American graduating high school senior current college student or college graduate. Applicant should provide two professional references. The amount for the scholarship is $2000.
- High School Senior, Undergraduate, Graduate African-American
Dr. James L. Hutchinson and Evelyn Ribbs Hutchinson Medical School Scholarship
- The Hutchinson Medical School Scholarship Fund was created to assist medical school students. Applicant should demonstrate excellent academic achievement as well as excellence in their personal character. College seniors excepted to medical schools or currently enrolled in a medical school program should apply. Additionally applicants must be a San Mateo County or Santa Clara county high school graduate or have permanently resided in that area when attending high school. This is a $2000 award.
- Med School Student, College Seniors
Josh Gottheil Memorial Bone Marrow Transplant Career Development Awards
- The Josh Gottheil Memorial bone marrow transplant career development award goes to a nurse who spends 75% of their time devoted to bone marrow transplant patients. Applicants must have two or more years in bone marrow transplant nursing practice prior to their application due date. This is a $2000 award
- Nurse Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse
Montgomery County Medical Society (MCMS) Scholarship
- The Mongomery County Medical Society scholarship is intended for students who are residents of Montgomery County. Applicants must be in rolled or entering their first year at a US medical and have been residents of Montgomery county in the state of Pennsylvania during the time of high school graduation. This is a $2000 award.
Myrtle Siegfried, MD and Michael Vigilante, MD Scholarship Fund
- The Myrtle Siegfried and Michael Vigilante scholarship fund is offered to first year medical students residing in the following counties: Burkes, Lehi, or North Hampton County. To become eligible for this award he must be a resident of those counties for a period of at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student. Additionally, applicants should be a US citizen. This is a $2000 award.
- Medical Students
Oxbow Animal Health Veterinary Medicine Scholarship
- Over the years ,nontraditional animals have become pets. There is an increasing need for veterinarians who specialize in care of these exotic pets. Oxbows veterinary medicine scholarship is for students who are currently enrolled in a veterinary school and demonstrate an interest in exotic animals and exotic animal medicine. This is a $2000 award.
- Veterinary Medicine Exotic Animals
UW Stout Polytechnic Scholarship
- The UW Stout polytechnic scholarship as a merit-based scholarship for $2000. Applicants must have a 3.33 GPA as well as an ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1160.
- Undergraduate merit-based
Alliance Medical Education Scholarship Fund (AMES)
- The Alliance Medical Education Scholarship Fund is for students attending a Pennsylvania Medical School. This is for second or third year students and applicants must be US citizens and residents of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months before registering for this program. This is a $2500 award.
- Med School Student
Franklin D. Boyce Annual Health Scholarship
- The Franklin D. Boyce Annual Health Scholarship is available to students available to residents of the city of Hopewell as well as the following localities: Chesterfield, Surrey, Prince George, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Fort Lee, Dinwiddie, Charles City, and Varina. Applicants must demonstrate a financial need and have a GPA of 3.0. This is a $2500 award
Lehigh County Medical Auxiliary’s Scholarship and Education (LeCoMASE) Fund Scholarship
- The Lehigh County Medical Auxiliaries Scholarship and Education Fund Scholarship administers the scholarships to medical students who are residents of Lehigh County. Eligible applicants will be US Citizens and residents of Lehigh County in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student and must be full-time in rolled in an accredited you ask medical school. This is a $2500 award.
- Med School Student
Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship
- The Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship provides opportunities for undergraduate students currently enrolled in an Indiana college or university. Deserving students with an academic major of sports medicine, physical therapy, and or related disciplines as well as medicine are welcome to apply. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA this is a $2500 award.
- Undergraduate, Graduate
Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs (NBT) Scholarships
- The Nuts Bolts and Thingamajigs NBT scholarship is awarded twice a year. To apply for the NBT scholarship you must be enrolled at a community/technical college or university and have a GPA of 2.5. Winners of the scholarship will receive a solid Works CAD software this is a $2500 award.
- Undergraduate, Graduate
The Melanie Foundation Scholarship
- The Melanie Foundation Scholarship is awarded to candidates who are pursuing a Doctoral or Masters degree in a mental health field. Applicants must be enrolled into a graduate degree program majoring in a mental health profession field and demonstrate experience in this field. Candidates may reapply for multiple years. This is a $2500 award.
- Graduate, PHD
Army Nurse Corps Association (ANCA) Education Fund
- Applicants of the army nurse is core association should be currently enrolled in an accredited advanced degree program in nurse anesthesia, nursing, or a related healthcare field and must have served or or have previously served in any branch of the United States Army- including the active Army, army national guard and army reserve. This is a $3000 award.
- Active Duty, Veterans nursing
Bethesda Lutheran Communities Lutheran Student Scholastic & Service Scholarship
- The Bethesda Lutheran Communities Lutheran Student Scholarship and service scholarship offers scholarships to Lutheran students pursuing undergraduate degrees in an area of service to people with developmental disabilities. Applicants must be active members of their Lutheran congregation. Freshman sophomore or junior‘s at an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are encouraged to apply. Applicants should demonstrate an intent to have a career in the field of developmental disabilities. This is a $3000 award.
- College Freshmen, College Sophmores, College Juniors Developmental Disabilities
Endowment for South Asian Students of Indian Descent Scholarship Fund
- The Endowment for South Asian students of Indian dissent scholarship is awarded to a full-time student and his or her field and his or her second third or fourth year at a Pennsylvania medical school. Applicants must be residence of either Pennsylvania or New Jersey and have completed an FAFSA form. This is a $3000 scholarship.
- Med School Student Pennsylvania
GFWC of Massachusetts Memorial Education Fellowships
- The GFWC of Massachusetts Memorial Education Fellows are for women who maintain a legal residence in the state of Massachusetts. Applicant should submit a 500 word essay discussing their professional goals as well as their financial needs. This is a $3000 award.
- Women Massachusetts resident
James F. Reville Scholarship
- This is a 3,000 award for any individual who wishes to puruse a career working with people with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- College Students
Kentucky Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund
- The nursing incentive scholarship fund provide scholarships to Kentucky residents who have been approved to attend a pre-licensure nursing program or graduate nursing program. Students who are in a pre-licensure LPN or RN and BSN program must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours for the nursing program each year. Graduate nursing students must complete nine credit hours per academic year. This is a $3000 award.
- Undergraduate, Graduate Nursing
Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship Fund
- The Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship fun is offered to medical students who are residents of Lycoming County. Residence applicants should be residents of Lycoming County in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months prior to registering as a medical student. This is a $3000 award.
- Med School Student Pennsylvania
Sheep Heritage Foundation Memorial Scholarship
- The Sheep Heritage Foundation Memorial Scholarship is for the advancement of the sheep industry. This Scholarship is for an MS or PhD student attending a school in the United States. Applicants must be a graduates student involved in sheep and wool research and other areas such as animal science agricultural economics or veterinary medicine with proof of acceptance. This is a $3000 award.
- Graduate Students Sheep
Allegheny County Medical Society Medical Student Scholarship
- The Allegheny County Medical Society medical student scholarship is brought to you by the foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society. This scholarship is for medical students residing in Allegheny County who are enrolled in his or her third or fourth year of medicine medical school. This is a $4000 award
- Med School Student US Citizen
APS Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship
- The APS American Physiological Society summer research fellowship is for undergraduate students studying physiology. The applicant should have no more than nine months of research experience in a physiology laboratory, not be currently published in a peer reviewed article and not have previous abstracts submitted to the national or international meetings.This is a $4000 award.
Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Summer Student Fellowship Program
- The Parkinson’s disease foundation summer student fellowship supports undergraduate as well as medical students who are pursuing Parkinson’s related research problem projects in the summer. This program is open to both national and international applicants. This is a $4000 scholarship.
- Undergraduate, Graduate National, International
AOTF Scholarship Program
- The AOFT scholarship program offers scholarships to graduate students who are studying occupational therapy. Applicants should be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an AOTA accredited level program or an AOTA occupational therapy assistant program and have completed one year of occupational therapy coursework. This is a $5000 scholarship.
- Undergraduate, Graduate Occupational Therapy
Catching The Dream Program
- If you are a native American this is the scholarship for you. The Catching the Dream Scholarship was founded in 1986 to help improve the quality of lives of Native Americans. This award is a $5000 award that is offered three times each year. To qualify for this award applicants must be 1/4 or more Native American as well as an enrolled member of a federally recognized United States tribe and attending a college or university full-time. Undergraduate as well as graduate students may apply.
- Undergraduate, Graduate Native American
Delaware Nursing Incentive Program
- The Delaware nursing incentive program is for full-time students who are currently enrolled in an accredited program which leads to an RN or LPN and who are either high school seniors or under graduates who meet academic requirements. Applicants must be legal residents of the state of Delaware and the United States or eligible non-citizens. This is a $5000 award.
- Undergraduate, Graduate Nursing
Fontana Transport Inc. Scholars Program
- The Fontana transport Inc. Scholars program is for under-represented individuals from low income backgrounds. This is for undergraduate students who are enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university. The following degree programs are represented through the scholarship program: transportation, math, science, engineering, architecture, environmental design,PreMED, psychology, language Spanish language/literature. Applicants must be a US citizen and have a minimum GPA of a 3.5. This is a $5000 scholarship.
- Undergraduate low income background
Gladys Carol Scholarship
- The Gladys Carol Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for high school graduates and current undergraduate level students. Applicants must be pursuing a full-time STEM subject degree at an accredited nonprofit public or private four year college or university. A minimum cumulative 3.75 GPA is required along with a minimum SAT score of 1290 or a 28 ACT score. This is a $5000 award.
- High School Graduate, Undergraduate Merit-based
Maryland Graduate and Professional School Scholarship Program
- The Maryland graduate and professional school scholarship program is for need-based individuals. To qualify for this program you must be a full-time student and attending one of the following schools: the University of Maryland, University of Maryland Baltimore schools of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy or Social Work, University of Baltimore school of law, the Johns Hopkins university school of Medicine, the Virginia Maryland Regional College of veterinary medicine or certain Maryland institutions offering a masters degree either in nursing social work or first professional degree in pharmacy. This is a $5000 award.
- Professional Studies, Graduate Students Maryland
Out To Innovate Scholarships for LGBTQ+STEM Students
- The Out to Innovate Scholarships are for LGBTQ STEM students. Individuals with a wide variety of sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have successfully completed two years of a post high school education at an accredited college or university and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Additionally, applicants need to have a declared major in an accredited STEM or STEM-related field. This is a $5000 scholarship.
- LGBTQ STEM
Perinatal Graduate Nursing Scholarships
- The March of Dimes Dr. Margaret C. Freda graduate nursing scholarship award was established in 2016. This award is given each year to the highest scoring graduate nursing scholarship applicant. The amount of the award is $5000.
- Nursing Merit-based
Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of Research
- The Sigma Xi Grants in Aid of research program is for individuals who are studying the sciences. The purpose of the program as to encourage working relationships between students and faculty members. The National Academy of sciences allows for grants of up to $5000 for astronomy research as well as $2500 for vision-related research. The program itself awards grants of up to $1000 to students from all areas of sciences and engineering.
- College Students multiple awards
The Washington Thoroughbred Foundation Scholarship
- The Washington Thoroughbred Foundation Scholarship is available to students attending college in Washington State and pursuing a career in pre-veterinary medicine with an equine emphasis. Other related degrees including equine science, racetrack management, equine business or pastor management and equine marketing and our communications will be considered. This is a need-based scholarship for $5000. Applicants must have a GPA of at least a 2.85 as well as an annual household income less than $75,000 in order to qualify.
- Veterinary Students Equine focus
AMBUCS Scholars- Scholarships for Therapists
- The national AMBUCS Inc. scholarship is for individuals pursuing a degree in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology and hearing audiology. Applicants should be US citizens who have been accepted to a graduate program that is accredited through their chosen therapy profession. This is a $6000 scholarship
- Graduate Students Therapy
- The eQuality Scholarship Collaborative awards individuals in the LGBTQ community in California. Applicants from a variety of backgrounds and all sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. Awards are for high school seniors, community college transfer students, nursing students, as well as graduate healthcare students. This is a $6000 scholarship.
- Graduate Students
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago Academic Scholarship
- The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago academic scholarship is an academic scholarship for Jewish individuals who are born and raised in the Chicago area. This is an $8000 scholarship and is available to those who can demonstrate a financial need and are pursuing a career in any helping profession.
- College Students Jewish
Clarkston Scholars Program
- A Clarkston scholar is a person who is driven to excel in the life sciences. The Clarkson scholars program provides one sophomore attending a four-year college or university in Pennsylvania a $10,000 scholarship. Additionally Clarkson Scholars receive exposure to the life science industry through a mentorship with Clarkston County Consulting.
- Sophmore in College Pennsylvania Residents
Elms College STEM Scholarships
- The Elms College STEM scholarships are a grant from the National Science Foundation. This $10,000 scholarship is awarded to a first year student at Adams college majoring in biology, computer information technology, chemistry, or mathematics. A demonstrated financial need is required.
- College Freshmen NSF
The Vegetarian Resource Group College Scholarship
- The vegetarian resource group college scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship for high school students who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools. Compassionate courageous strong and peaceful individuals are encouraged to apply.
- High School Graduates
UTC Westbrook Scholarship
- The UTC Westbrook Scholarship is for an incoming freshman who is majoring in chemistry or physics. Applicants should have a B in a course high school and chemistry or physics as well as an incoming GPA of a 3.5. This is a $14,000 scholarship.
- Undergraduate Chemistry, Physics
Two Ten Higher Education Scholarship
- The Two Ten higher education scholarship as a $16,000 scholarship for individuals who are attached to the footwear industry. Students must be enrolled or about to enroll in a two or four year accredited college or university/vocational/technical school or a nursing school.
- College Students Footwear
ACF Woodcock Family Education Scholarship Program
- The AFC Woodcock family education scholarship program was established in 1993 by Woody Woodcock and his wife Dixie for students focused on math and science. The scholarships are awarded to Albuquerque metro area high school graduating seniors. The amount of the scholarship is $40,000 payable over four years for $10,000 each year. Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.8.
- High School Seniors 3.8 Mimimum GPA
AQHA Margaret A. Haines Telephony Scholarship
- The AQHA Margaret A. Haynes Telephony Scholarship is available to students studying veterinary medicine with a focus on equine medicine and or equine surgery and has a minimum GPA of 3.0. The recipient must pursue a practice in equine medicine. This is a $45,000 award.
- Vet Students Veterinary
Davidson Fellows Scholarship
- The Davidson Fellows Scholarship is a $50,000 scholarship for young people 18 and under who have completed a significant piece of work! The application categories include science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literature, music, philosophy and one called “outside the box.” Davidson fellows are honored every year in Washington DC.
- Young People Competition
University of Rochester FIRST Scholarship
- The University of Rochester FIRST scholarship awards a number of scholarships to students who have participated on a FIRST team. The scholarship is renewable for four years and is available to high school seniors. The amount for the scholarship is $60,000.
- High School Seniors FIRST Team Experience
Arkansas Health Education Grant (ARHEG)
- The Arkansas health education grant aid RHEG is funded by the state of Arkansas to provide assistance for Arkansas residents attending an out-of-state accredited health and medical professional school. The Arkansas higher education coordinating board determines the eligibility criteria for this award. The amount of the award varies.
- Medical Students Arkansas Residents
Army Health Professions Scholarship Program
- The Army Health Profession Scholarship program will pay 100% of your tuition for a graduate level healthcare degree at any accredited veterinary program in the United States or Puerto Rico. Applicants must be a US citizen with a bachelors degree from an accredited university or school and be enrolled in a graduate program in the US. The active duty obligation to the USA army is one year of service for every year you receive the scholarship. Additionally the recipients have an obligation for residency and fellowship training.
- Graduate Student, Active Duty Army