Business makes the world go round. Knowledge of business can also help you to launch your own idea, service, or product. Business is also one of the widest academic disciplines, with tons of specializations ranging from finance, to information technology, to marketing.
If you find yourself drawn to wanting a hands-on understanding of what makes organizations work, a degree in business could be the way to go. For individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree, MBA programs are some of the most widely coveted degree types among a range of organizations. And while many of the top business schools in the nation can be quite pricey, with the right know-how you don’t have to break the bank. Be sure to check out our ranking of 50 of the most promising scholarships for business degrees below.
Mercatus MA Fellowship
- Two-year, full-time fellowship program for graduate economics students at George Mason University. Should be working on applied economics to prepare for careers in public policy. Funds include full tuition, a stipend, and practical research experience. Deadline to apply is February 15th.
- Graduate Economics students at George Mason University.
Center for Women In Technology (CWIT) Scholars Program at UMBC
- For women in computer science, information systems, business technology administration (with a technical focus), computer engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical/biochemical/environmental engineering, or related majors at the University of Baltimore Maryland County. Deadline to apply is January 15th.
- Female technology students at UMBC.
GRCF Economic Club of Grand Rapids Scholarship
- For undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Business. Must be a resident of Kent or Ottawa County (3 year minimum) with financial need and at least a 3.0 GPA. Next application cycle begins in December.
- Undergraduate Business students from applicable Michigan areas.
GRCF NAIFA West Michigan Scholarship
- For residents Kent or contiguous counties. Must be pursuing a full-time undergraduate (third-year or above) or graduate degree as a business/financial major Michigan colleges and universities. Must show financial need and have a 3.0 GPA. Next application cycle begins in December.
- Residents of applicable Michigan areas majoring in Business.
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
- To promote black students in technology. For high school seniors. $5,000 per year for up to four years. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Black high school seniors interested in technology.
Frederick and Demi Seguritan Scholarship
- For first generation Asian Americans with an interest business (business major not required). Must be incoming freshman and residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara or Solano County in California.
- First-generation Asian American students with an interest in business living in applicable Calfiornia counties.
Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation
- For students from Hawaii to work in business. Will receive $20,000 over four years of undergraduate study. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is February 22nd.
- Hawaiian high schoolers and early college students interested in Business.
GRCF Peggy (Kommer) Novosad Scholarship
- For residents of Kent County taking or having completed an undergraduate degree from GVSU or MSU. Must be planning a full-time graduate or post-graduate degree in business or law at a Michigan college or university. Must show financial need and a 3.5 GPA. Next application cycle begins in December.
- Business students from applicable Michigan areas.
GRCF Roger and Jacquelyn Vander Laan Family Scholarship
- For Seniors at South Christian High School entering a full time program at an accredited college, university, vocational, or technical school. Must be majoring in healthcare, education, or business. Need a 3.0 GPA and to show financial need. Next application cycle begins in December.
- Seniors at South Christian High School.
GRCF Vivian M. Kommer Scholarship
- For Seniors at West Catholic HS entering undergraduate programs in business or pre-law. Must show financial need and have at least a 3.0 GPA. Next application cycle begins in December.
- Seniors at West Catholic High School.
IAEE Helen Brett Scholarship
- For undergraduate students with focuses on exhibition and event management. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Next application deadline is in June 2021.
- Undergraduate students with focuses on event management and exhibition.
David R. Parsley Scholarship Fund for Supply Chain Management
- For undergraduate students. Created to spur food-service supply chain management careers. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Undergraduate students interested in food-service supply chain management careers.
Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- For women who are American or International business students. Must be in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of graduate studies. Deadlines vary.
- American and international female business students.
Mercatus Adam Smith Fellowship
- For doctoral students interested in political economy. Should be in a Ph.D. program on economics, philosophy, political science, sociology, or related areas. Includes three weekend residencies and a week in the summer at George Mason University. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Doctoral students in applicable majors.
Asparagus Club Scholarship
- For rising juniors, seniors, or graduate students earning a degree in a business, food management, or other relevant courses of study to working in the independent retail grocery industry. $2,000 per semester for up to four semesters. Deadline to apply is April 20th.
- Upperclassmen and graduate students in majors relevant to the independent grocery industry.
JVS Chicago Scholarship Program
- This scholarship is for Jewish students residing and/or working in the Chicago metro area for at least one year. Must be upperclassmen in undergraduate programs or graduate students in “helping” fields (see details on their site). Ever year $500,000 is awarded to applicants.
- Jewish students in the Chicago metro area.
JWU Business Professionals of America (BPA) Scholarship
- For BPA members attending Johnson & Wales University. Intended for incoming students. Can be renewed. Deadlines vary.
- BPA members attending JWU.
LouEllen Dabbs Scholarship
- For single parents that want careers in finance, business, or banking. Must be enrolled in an applicable program and have a 2.35 GPA or better. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Single parents who are enrolled in business, banking, or finance programs.
Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. Scholarship
- For undergraduate students who are pursuing material handling or supply chain careers. Must have a B average. The deadline to apply is January 15th.
- Undergraduate students desiring supply chain and material handling careers.
Pacific Gas & Electric Company Women’s Network ERG Scholarship
- For female high school seniors planning to study non-medical science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, energy fields and public policy at colleges and universities. Must be from a household that’s a PG&E customer for at least 6 months. Deadline to apply is February 5th.
- Female high school seniors who come from PG&E customer households.
Mildred C. Hanson SIOR Memorial Scholarship
- For rising junior or senior female students. Must be in an undergraduate degree in real estate, business or finance, in the United States or Canada, with a goal of working in commercial real estate. Deadline to apply is October 31st.
- Rising junior or senior female students.
CMAA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Scholarship
- For college students in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware studying construction management or a related field. Must have completed at least one year of study. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- College students in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Delaware who are in construction management or related degree programs.
Pacific Gas & Electric Company Asian ERG Scholarship
- For college-bound high school seniors. Must be in a household that uses PG&E. All majors are eligible, but preference given to engineering, IT, business, environmental or energy-related emphasis degrees. Application deadline is February 5th.
- College-bound high school seniors who come from homes served by PG&E.
Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance Scholarship
- For Asian-American undergraduate students at California colleges and universities to pursue majors in accounting, political science, public policy, business administration or related fields. Must be an incoming sophomore or above. The deadline to apply is April 3rd.
- Asian-American undergradautes in California schools.
New York Financial Writers’ Association Scholarship
- For journalism students in the NYC metropolitan area that want careers in business or financial journalism. Application includes clippings of your work. The deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Journalism students in the NYC metropolitan area.
NEWH Chapter Scholarships
- To be used for aspiring hospitality industry workers. Check your state’s NEWH Chapter for the rules that apply to you.
- Aspiring hospitality industry workers.
PMI Alaska Chapter Scholarship
- For an undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student in project management or a related field. Priority given to PMI members and Alaska residents. Application deadline is May 1st.
- Project Management students and PMI members in Alaska.
PMI New York City Chapter Scholarship
- For students enrolled in project management degree programs or related disciplines. Priority given to a PMI NYC Chapter or an immediate family member. The deadline to apply is May 1st.
- PMI NYC Chapter members and their families.
PMI North Carolina Chapter Scholarship
- For students enrolled in project management and related degrees. Preference given to North Carolina residents and those attending North Carolina colleges and universities. Application deadline is May 1st.
- North Carolina residents and North Carolina project management students.
PMI Phoenix Chapter Scholarship
- For Arizona residents that are project management (and related fields) students. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Arizona residents who are project management students.
PMI Silver Spring Chapter Scholarship
- For project management (and related fields) students. Preference given to students in the DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) area. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- PMI members, and their families, Project management students in the DMV.
PMI Tulsa Chapter Scholarship
- For project management students and those in related fields. Priority given to Tulsa PMI members and their families. The deadline to apply is May 1st.
- PMI members and their families, Project management students in Tulsa.
Alice L. Haltom Educational Fund
- For undergraduates and graduate students pursuing careers in information and records management. Must be citizens of U.S. or Canada. The application deadline is May 1st.
- Undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in information and records management.
Florida Stormwater Association Scholarship Award
- For full-time graduate students. Must be attending Florida colleges and universities earning an education related to storm-water research, management or finance. Deadline to apply is August 7th.
- Full-time graduate students studying storm-water research, management, or finance.
- For high school seniors from Fayette County public schools. Must have a 3.5 GPA and intend to pursue a degree in STEM fields. Applications are due in Mid-March.
- High school seniors at Fayette County public schools that plan to pursue STEM degrees.
Mary Elizabeth Lockwood Beneventi MBA Scholarship
- For full-time MBA students. Must have a 3.25 GPA. Students can reapply in subsequent years. The deadline to apply is February 15th.
- Full-time MBA students
Nellie Martin Carman Scholarship Fund
- For graduating seniors in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties in Washington State. Can be used to attend Washington universities and colleges. Students are nominated by their schools by March 1st.
- High School seniors in applicable Washington State counties.
PMI Matthew H. Parry Memorial Scholarship
- Open to any undergraduate student interested in project management. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Undergraduate students with interest in project management.
PMI Robert J. Yourzak Scholarship Award
- For students in graduate and undergraduate degrees in Project Management or related fields of study anywhere in the world. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Project management students worldwide.
Linda Norton Good Neighbor Scholarship Fund
- For Poudre School District students with a 3.5 GPA or better who want to pursue degrees in business, finance or economics and especially real estate in Colorado. Deadline to apply is in February.
- Poudre School District students.
Chuck Peacock Memorial Scholarship
- For a high school senior or college student who plans to, or is attending an accredited school in an aviation management program. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- High school seniors and college students in aviation management programs.
PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter Scholarship
- For project management students and those in related fields. Priority given to Eastern Iowa PMI members and their families. The deadline to apply is May 1st.
- PMI East Iowa members and their families.
PMI Ray Piper Global Project Management Education Scholarship
- For project management (and related fields) students worldwide. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Project management students worldwide.
AAUW Fellowships and Grants
- AAUW offers several grants and fellowships to women pursuing degrees, certification, research, publication, and more. Deadlines to apply are generally between November and December. Check individual opportunities for compatibility.
ACMPE National Scholarships
- For those who want to transform healthcare in line with MGMA’s goals. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in medical practice management, including public health, business administration, healthcare administration, among other related areas. Applications are due in May.
- Undergraduates and graduate students who want to transform healthcare.
African American Network of the Carolinas
- For African-American students who are from North and South Carolina. Should be pursuing a major in engineering, math, science, computer science, accounting, finance or business administration.
- African-American students from North and South Carolina in applicable majors.
Certified Angus Beef Colvin Scholarship Fund
- For students who qualify as a junior or senior and graduate or doctoral students. Must have a commitment to the beef industry and be completing a meat science, food science, animal science, marketing, economics, business, communications, journalism, or other degree related to the beef industry. Deadline to apply is January 15th.
- Juniors, Seniors, graduate students, and doctoral students studying and pursuing degrees and careers in the beef industry.
CPS Energy SAFE Program
- For incoming high school juniors interested in pursuing college degrees in fields that impact the energy industry. Applicants must reside in CPS Energy service area, be at least 16 and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Successful applicants will have full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Incoming high school juniors interested in working in the energy industry.
Ellen M. Cherry-Delawder Memorial Scholarship
- For single mothers. Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA and be in a business-related degree program. Application deadline is January 31st.
- Undergraduate single mothers in business-related degree programs.
GRCF Economic Club Business Study Abroad Scholarship
- This scholarship is for full-time second year or above undergraduate or graduate students. Must be earning a degree in Business and plan to study abroad through your college or university. Only for residents of Kent, Allegan, Ottawa, or Muskegon County, or a resident student at a college/university in the West Michigan area with financial need.
- Business students from applicable Michigan areas.