Lawyers are a large part of American culture. We’re a litigious society, and many of our most important developments as a nation have centered around court cases. Law is also a way to lucrative or fulfilling careers. If you’ve looked into law school, you likely also realize that there are other routes into the legal arena. Individuals can proceed through legal studies degrees to become paralegals, or work as researchers about the law. If you find yourself drawn to the drama and history that is the legal system, be sure to check out some of the best scholarships for law degrees below!
John M. & Mary A. Shanley Memorial Scholarship
- For this scholarship applicants must’ve graduated from Charlotte, Hendry or Lee County,Florida with plans to major in accounting, agriculture, architecture, computer science, dentistry, education, engineering, law, medicine, or ministry.
- Student’s must carry a 3.0 and provide documentation of financial need.
IHS PhD Scholarship and Humane Studies Fellowship
- This scholarship is for full-time Phd students who aspire to create unity and happiness. One must seek to promote classical liberal scholarship.
- Must study economics, political science, philosophy, law, history, sociology, and similar disciplines in the social sciences and humanities. Student must follow development of classical liberal scholarship.
Institute for Humane Studies Fellowship
- The Institute for Humane Fellowship is renewable scholarship that doesn’t require residency. Applicants must already be enrolled or plan on enrolling in a full time PhD program that is centered around the advancement of classical liberal scholarship. Although International students are considered,there is a preference on American Citizens.
- This scholarship is available for all full time PhD students at any university as long as their field of study includes economics, political science, philosophy, law, history, sociology, and sciences along with humanities. Natural sciences, medicine, and engineering are not eligible.
2020 Diversity Scholarship Application
- This scholarship is to be used by diverse law students who plan to pursue intellectual property law. The applicant must be in good academic standing that are already enrolled in law school.
- Is to be utilized by diverse law students who are already enrolled in accredited law schools in the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut areas. Must plan on practicing intellectual property law.
Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarship
- Minority law students in Northern California that are deemed underrepresented qualify. The awarded amount is highly individualized.
- Must attend one of the eight schools in Northern California that are participating and be a minority.
Helen B. Lewis E. Goldstein Scholarship
- This scholarship is focused directly for Jewish seniors who have or are planning on enrolling in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Must be Jewish to apply. Preferences are business or law school along with being an immigrant.
Stephen K. Hall ACWA Water Law & Policy Scholarship
- This scholarship is for students who are seeking a graduate degree that involves interest in water law and water resources.
- The criteria includes being enrolled full time in an accredited school or university, obtain three letters of recommendation , and pursue a degree in water law or public administration. There must also be a concentration in the field of water resources.
The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement Scholarship
- This scholarship is directed towards students who want to work in agricultural industries that plan or are already attending a two or four year school. Agriculture is a diverse area that includes careers from professors, veterinarians, and even span as far as agriculturally based lawyers.
- To be eligible one must live in the Mid Atlantic Farm Credit’s five-state territory.
Vinson & Elkins Scholarship Foundation
- This foundation is for historically underrepresented races and members of the LGBT community who have an interest to pursue a career regarding law. Summer internships are often, if not always, offered. Only high school seniors in Texas who have a great high school career.
- Applicants must be a part of underrepresented races or the LGBT community and can only apply in their senior year of highschool. They must also be in the top 20 percentile of their class that live in either Austin, Dallas, or Houston,Texas.
Constangy’s Diversity Scholars Program
- Constangy’s Diversity Scholar Program aims to recognize students who fight for diversity and have exhibited academic accomplishments.
- For an applicant to be considered they must first attend a law school in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, California, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia/Washington, D.C., New Jersey and Massachusetts. They must also be in their second year and maintain a GPA of at least a 3.0.
- This scholarship provides the ability for Islamic organizations and mosques to become a combined scholarship. It allows the Muslim Community Center East Bay, MCC, to work in tandem with other Islamic groups.
- All applicants must already be attending an accredited university, be a member of the MCC, and be majoring in an ISF field of study. The student must also be a junior or senior that maintains a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- This scholarship is directed towards minority groups who are often oppressed to be able to apply for law schools as it would allow those accepted to have up to three years of education.
- To meet eligibility requirements the student must be a minority, a first year law student, and maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
Marin County Bar Association Legal Scholarship
- The Marin County Bar Association Legal Scholarship is a program that was created to help financially. It also helps to find opportunities for students who plan on going to law school.
- To be eligible students must be enrolled full time in an accredited law school that is stationed in Northern California. The applicant must also have lived in Marin for a minimum of three years.
Maryland Graduate and Professional School Scholarship Program
- This program was created to help students who are struggling financially. They must plan to study Maryland school of medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, social work, or nursing. There is only a handful of universities and schools in which funds are provided.
- Applicants must be residents of Maryland and show the need for financial assistance.
Michael F. O’Donnell Scholarship
- The Michael F. O’Donnell Scholarship Fund was created in memory of a man who showed exemplary characteristics including in humanity and humility. This scholarship is for both graduate and undergraduate students who are enrolled full time.
- To meet eligibility requirements applicants must live in Sonoma County and be in the first two years of law school.
The Honorable James R. Caruso Pace Law School Scholarship
- Applicants of this scholarship are automatically entered into the system upon completion and submission of the school’s application. Students are graded by merit, leadership, and work experience.
- This award will go to second and third year students who are Italian by blood.
ABF Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program
- The ABF Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program was designed with hopes of showing students how stress, yet rewarding, a career in law can be. This program occurs during summer breaks and is located in Chicago. Oftentimes applicants will be shown a wide variety of the law field including the research area.
- This scholarship can be utilized by second and third degree students who maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Applicants must have a passion to study social sciences and law. First generation law students will be given preference.
Emery Reddy Legal Studies Scholarship
- This scholarship seeks to find those who can prove their dedication to studying law. Applicants must also provide the reasoning behind their choice of study.
- Each candidate must already be enrolled in an accredited college or university. Writing a 500 word essay on why and how they are dedicated to studying law.
- This scholarship is awarded to individuals who seek to study law and have a particular interest in Asian Pacific Americans. Applicants need to have a drive to want to help provide counsel for that group of individuals to be considered.
- Students need to be enrolled in an accredited law school, desire to aid the Asian Pacific Americans through charities such as pro bono services. The applicant must show a financial need along with harboring both leadership and maturity to be considered.
AALL Degree Candidate Scholarships
- The American Association of Law Libraries aims to provide financial assistance specifically for course materials such as books. It is also used to help applicants become law librarians
- Financial Need must first be demonstrated and students are studying to become a law librarian.
Arthur Lockwood Beneventi Law Scholarship
- This is a scholarship that, in most cases,is nonrenewable.Its application deadline is April 15th.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a 3.25 GPA, are enrolled in an accredited law school, and is not automatically renewed.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Rhode Island Chapter Academic Scholarship
- The Rhode Island Chapter Academic Scholarship of The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is based in Rhode Island. Majors that are accepted are accounting, criminal justice, criminology, law or law enforcement. However, other majors will be reviewed as they relate to Fraud.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in an accredited university with accounting, criminal justice, criminology, law or law enforcement being your choice of study.
Dallas Hispanic Law Foundation Scholarship
- This scholarship is directed to the Hispanic community. It awards grants and scholarships to Hispanic law students.
- Students who are in their first and second year of law school along with some third year students are applicable
Eula Mae Jett Scholarship Program
- With this scholarship students wouldn’t get awarded for entering law school. It is for the very beginning phases of those who are seeking to enter into a law related career.
- All candidates must be California residents and go to school at a college in California. Applicants must also have successfully finished a minimum of one year of college by June.
Judge Jerri Lee Mills Law Student Scholarship 2020
- This scholarship began from the retirement of Judge Jerri Lee Mills in Brazoria County, Texas. She was incredibly invested in the citizens of her county therefore she created a scholarship for future or present law students.
- Applicants need first to have graduated from a high school in Brazoria. Preferably living in the county. One must also be enrolled an A.B.A accredited law school and be able to provide the paperwork necessary to prove this.
Mac Hyde Brownfield Scholarship Program
- The Mac Hyde Brownfield Scholarship Program honors an environmental law attorney who fought for redevelopment. This scholarship seeks Minnesota residents that want to redevelop areas that are difficult to transform because environmental contamination could be present.
- For consideration candidates must reside in Minnesota,have a desire to redevelop areas that could potentially be dangerous both to the environment and to humans alike.Their university must be accredited and in Minnesota. Students must also maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and major in one of the following: engineering, earth or environmental sciences, government/public policy, law, business, public health, economic development,
MALDEF Law School Scholarship Program
- For sometime this scholarship has aimed to support the next era of lawyers. It is equipped to fight for the Latino community in whole.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time in an accredited law school that is in the United States. An ideal candidate will have an immense drive to help attribute to the expansion of the civil rights of the Latino community and disclose a financial need.
Stephen J. Roy Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This scholarship is for students who reside in Larimer County, Colorado. It honors Stephen J. Roy who was a highly revered lawyer and established a character of humility and hard work.
- Financial shortcomings, high school seniors from Windsor High School and/or living in Larimer County, Colorado are necessities to to be considered for this aware.
Washington HECB American Indian Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is supposed to help the American Indians by providing them with the financial means to execute higher level studies in Washington State. It is awarded to recipients who have ties to an American Indian community who want to create growth in their community’s throughout the state.
- To be considered a viable candidate one must study law, medicine, education, business, and resource management. Pursuing a career in theology will automatically banish you. Candidates must have a drive to help American Indian communities in Washington, reside in the state, and be able to prove their financial need.
Honorable William C. Conner Writing Competition
- The Honorable William C. Conner Writing Competition is for law students that attend or are enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M. program. The winner will receive a $1,500 cash prize. Second place will receive $1,000 in cash as well.
- Applicants must be enrolled in either the day or night setting of the J.D. or LL.M. program. Candidates must already be law students therefore are expected to write extraordinarily. Subject matter for the essays are intellectual property, patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, or unfair trade practices among.
Lincoln Legal Professionals Association Scholarship
- This scholarship strives to help ongoing learning and the promotion of professionalism in the Nebraska legal field.This award was created for both high school and college students.
- To be considered applicants must live in Nebraska and attended either high school or college with the desire to advance in both professionalism and education in the legal field. Students must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
Lemberg Law $1,250 Law School Scholarship
- Sergei Lemberg conquered the variations of the Lemon, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, along with the overtime and wage laws. This scholarship helps consumers’ rights by expressing the integrity of legal professions.
- Applicants must be a full time graduate student that attends a university. Their major must be law and have a desire to help fight for consumer rights.
Sugarman Annual Law School Scholarship
- The SUGARMAN partners created a scholarship that is yearly for students who are going to practice public service or personal injury law.
- To be considered for this scholarship you must be enrolled or attend an accredited law school in the United States. One must also have and maintain a good academic standing.
$1000 Law Scholarship for Pinellas County High School Students
- This scholarship was created in memory of George Andriotis’ sister who passed away from colon cancer. He wanted to honor her passion for learning and community so he officially made The Artemis Andriotis Kotis Scholarship in hopes of stimulating and inspiring individuals to become their best self through education.
- Eligibility requirements contain being in good academic standing and planning to or already attending college.
Arnold W. Fritz Scholarship
- This scholarship originated to support students who want to study environmental science, conservation, natural history and nature-related subjects including environmental law or business.
- Applicants must have a love for the environment, have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, and must live or attend a college in Ohio
- The COAG scholarship is for US citizens who graduate from any Georgia high school and plan on attending a university in Georgia. Majors that are supported by this award are for political science, law enforcement,government, business or pre-law.
- Candidates must be US citizens that have graduated from a georgia high school. They also have to present documentation of acceptance from an accredited college or university in Georgia. Diplomas and certificates are not accepted as it is only for undergraduates.
Echard Marquette, P.C. Trial Lawyer Scholarship
- This scholarship is mainly directed towards the representation of injured people along with giving applicants hands on experience of being a lawyer in training. Although it is not a requirement, people who plan on practicing personal injury law in Western Pennsylvania are preferred.
- Applicants would need to be in their first or second year of law school. Although it is not a requirement, people who plan on practicing personal injury law in Western Pennsylvania are preferred.
Pacific Collection Group Scholarship
- The Pacific Collection Group is for anyone who is undergraduate or graduate who plans on studying business or a legal based educational program.
- All Applicants must maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.They must also want careers in legal education practices or business.
Turco Muñoz Domestic Violence Survivor Scholarship
- By aiding in the education and training of people who devote their careers to fighting domestic violence.It is awarded annually.
- Eligibility wise, a good candidate would have experience in the advocation of ending domestic violence, must be enrolled in either a law school or a program with a focus in an applicable field of study.
CPCU-Lawrence “Larry” Frazier Memorial Scholarship
- In 1998 a memorial scholarship was created in honor of Larry Frazier. Frazier was a well endowed businessman who was revered in the insurance industry. This scholarship ensured his life will live on by supporting awards in aviation, insurance, law, Girl or Boy Scouts.
- To be eligible applicants must graduate from a high school in Nebraska and need financial support. Students must also be enrolled full time at a 2 or 4 year college in Nebraska.
Alaska Bar Association Law School Scholarships
- This scholarship is unique because it relies greatly on donations therefore there isn’t a set “award” that is the same for everyone. The Alaska Bar Association is directly correlated with Alaska. In fact, upon graduation the applicant must have intent on returning to Alaska within two years.
- Candidates must have strong relations with Alaska, be in their first or second year of law school, and have intent on returning to Alaska within two years of their graduation.
CSUB Honorable Len McGillivray Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship is in honor of a Kern County Superior Court Judge. The creator wanted to support freshmen who are majoring in pre-law.
- To meet eligibility requirement the applicant must be a freshmen who is enrolled full time. Their major must be pre-law and maintain a 3.5 minimum GPA.
George A. Strait Minority Scholarship
- The George A. Strait Minority Scholarship is for minorities who have law library experience along with being a college graduate who is planning on entering into a into law librarianship career.
- Applicants must first be classified as a minority, prove financial need, and have experience in law libraries. Students must also have intent to make a career in law librarianship.
GRCF Peggy (Kommer) Novosad Scholarship
- Students from Kent County high schools and chose to attend Grand Valley State University or Michigan State University are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be residents of Kent County, plan on being full-time graduate or postgraduate degree in business or law. Other eligibility requirements include meeting the minimum of a 3.5 GPA along with getting their graduate or undergraduate degrees from Grand Valley State University or Michigan State University
GRCF Vivian M. Kommer Scholarship
- This scholarship is for West Catholic High School seniors who need help covering expenses such as class materials and books. They must show intent of studying business or pre-law.
- All applicants must be West Catholic High School seniors who have intent in studying business or pre-law. Students must also maintain at least a 3.5 GPA and show proof of financial need.
GRCF Warner Norcross & Judd Paralegal and Legal Secretarial Scholarship
- This scholarship is for African Americans who plan to study paralegal or legal secretarial studies. This award is based around Michigan as those eligible must be attending a Michigan law school or be a Michigan resident that goes to an accredited law school within the U.S.
- All candidates must be African Americans that are attending a Michigan law school or be a Michigan resident attending an accredited law school that intends on majoring in either paralegal or legal secretarial studies.
Islamic Scholarship Fund
- The Islamic Scholarship Fund works to show American Muslims more and more in society. Specifically within media, politics and government.
- Eligible college students need to be American Muslim, maintain a 3.0 GPA, be enrolled at an accredited university. College juniors or graduate students majoring in humanities, social sciences, liberal arts, or law are eligible for this award.
JVS Chicago Scholarship Program
- This scholarship is for applicants who are Jewish and were both born and raised in the most urban areas of Chicago.This award aims to greatly help areas within the city that are often for the less fortunate as all applicants must plan on majoring in a “helping profession.”
- To be considered for the JVS Chicago Scholarship Program one must of been both born and raised in the Chicago area, or have had continuous year of full-time employment in Chicago. Students must alsp intend to study a “helping career” such as medicine, law, or social services. Students must also have a financial need.
LexisNexis John R. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship was created to financially help those who are planning to get a degree from an accredited library or law school, and for those who intend to have a career in legal information.
- Candidates must intend to have a career in legal information from an accredited library or law school.
Louis-Edward Nicklies Scholarship
- The Louis- Edward Nicklies scholarship was established to help students make careers out of Law, Engineering, or Medicine. The scholarship also helps to build Jefferson county as all applicants must intend on attending any accredited college or university in Jefferson county.
- Eligibility requirements contain the desire to study Law, Engineering, Medicine from an accredited college or university in Jefferson, Kentucky.
Otto M. Stanfield Law Scholarship
- The Otto M. Stanfield Law Scholarship is ideal for applicants majoring in law who are Unitarian Universalists.
- Neither pre-law or science majors will be accepted. Candidates must be associated with Unitarian Universalist beliefs along with displaying a financial need, and be enrolled in an accredited establishment.