If you’ve chosen to get a graduate degree, good for you! You’re embarking on an incredibly rewarding and challenging journey that will expand your knowledge, experience, and career opportunities. However, you might be wondering, “how am I going to pay for this?” While you may qualify for financial aid, that’s not the only way you can offset the costs of getting your Master’s, graduate level certification, or professional degree.
Here at Degree Query, we’ve worked hard to offer you resources that make choosing and completing your higher education more manageable and fulfilling. One of the ways we’ve tried to help is by giving you resources to find funding for the degree of your choice. In this resource, we’ve compiled 60 Scholarships for Graduate Students.
Many of the scholarships on this list apply to specific fields of study, or to students with particular backgrounds, residencies, among other parameters for consideration. You can easily search for any keywords applying to yourself or your prospective discipline. Please do yourself a favor and peruse the rest of our scholarship resources to find other funding opportunities. Good luck!
Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Award
- $18,000 (Canadian)
- For art students who are in the beginning of their careers. Areas of study include drawing, fine arts, painting, printmaking, sculpture, and studio arts.
Fellowship for Post-Graduate Advanced Training in Fine Arts Conservation
- For a U.S. citizen studying anywhere in the world, or a foreign applicant studying in the United States. Must be studying art conservation
AWS Graduate Fellowship
- For students in a welding-related course of study who submit a proposal. Can be renewed for up to three years.
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship for Minorities
- For a minority student with less than 30 semester hours in behavioral sciences, biological sciences, engineering, humanities, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences. Awarded for three years, with opportunities for more funding based on progress.
San Francisco Conservatory of Music Scholarship
- Must be enrolled at the Conservatory full-time. Audition required.
National Physical Science Consortium Graduate Fellowship
- For a student at a National Physical Science Consortium member university. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Awarded quarterly.
Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship
- Must be an active member of Phi Kappa Phi without any graduate credits when they apply.
Anne Louise Barrett Fellowship
- Must be a woman and graduate of Wellesley studying or researching music composition, history, or theory.
Seneca Nation of Indians Scholarship
- For a member of the Seneca tribes in any degree-granting program. Can be renewed with reapplication.
PEO International Peace Scholarship
- For a woman working towards a graduate degree in America or Canada. Must return to their country or origin or to a country other than America or Canada upon graduation.
Altamura-Enrico Caruso Voice Competition, USA
- Young professionals majoring and performing in opera are encouraged to apply.
National Peace Corps Association Scholarship
- Must be an NPCA member and have finished a year of an inter-cultural experience, and be enrolled in a degree program. Financial need is considered.
HABS-Sally Kress Tompkins Fellowship
- For an architectural historian. Will work on a 12-week HABS project during the summer.
Fellowship on Women and Public Policy
- For students enrolled at a college or university in NY. Need to have completed at least 12 credit hours of graduate work in women studies, research, employment, or volunteer work. Includes work at the Center for Women in Government & Civil Society and either the New York state legislature, a state agency, or a statewide advocacy organization in Albany, N.Y.
M.A. Cartland Shackford Medical Fellowship
- Must be a woman and graduate of an American college or university studying dentistry, medicine, or veterinary medicine at the graduate or doctoral level.
AGBU Fellowships for U.S. Based Study
- For applicants of Armenian heritage. Must have a 3.5 GPA in undergraduate work and be seeking a master’s or doctoral degree at a U.S. institution. Can be renewed for three years of graduate study.
SPE Foundation Scholarship
- For a U.S. citizen or resident studying engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, plastics engineering, plastics technology, or polymer science. Must plan on a career in the plastics industry.
A & WMA Scholarship Endowment Trust Fund
- For a full-time graduate student and/or researcher working towards a career in air quality, waste management, environmental management/policy/law, and sustainability.
- For a Christian student studying communications or journalism. Must be a dedicated Christian interested in religious journalism.
Sid Richardson Memorial Fund Scholarship
- For a child or grandchild of someone who got retirement or benefits from several sources (see more on the website). Based on academic record and financial need.
Suburban Hospital Casey Scholarships
- Created for a current employee studying nursing or allied health (e.g. radiology technology, respiratory therapy, medical technology, physical therapy, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapy, or physician assistant) at a Bachelor’s or higher level. Need a 2.5 GPA or higher, and must commit to work at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD. Renewable if GPA is maintained.
Exploration Fund Grant
- Awarded based on the scientific or pratical merit of a research project in science.
Arianna and Hannah Yellowthunder Scholarship
- For a minority student studying the history of American Indians.
FRA Membership Scholarship
- Fleet Reserve Assn members or family members of members can apply for this scholarship, and may reapply each year they hope to qualify for it.
- Must be at least one quarter Native American and enrolled member of a tribe that is government-recognized or terminated. Must be studying business, computers, education, engineering, fine arts, humanities, mathematics, science, or social science. Scholarship can be renewed if high achievement is maintained.
Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid of Research
- Must be a Sigma Xi member in any science-related field doing research.
Alexander M. Tanger Scholarship
- For students enrolled at a Broadcast Education Association (BEA) institution. Chosen based on academic performance and contributions in the field. Must be studying broadcasting.
Foster G. McGaw Scholarship
- For student associates of the American College of Healthcare Executives. Must be a full-time student entering the final year of a healthcare management graduate program.
- Must be an ADA member. For students in dietetics.
Tennessee Teaching Scholars
- For students and Tennessee residents accepted to a teacher education program. Money used for loan forgiveness. Must maintain a minimum of a 2.75 GPA, and can reapply for continued funding.
TAPPI Technical Division Scholarship
- For any student pursuing an education in or related to the paper industry.
Gina Finzi Memorial Student Summer Fellowship
- For a student doin Lupus research with an established investigator.
International Foodservice Editorial Council Annual Scholarship
- Students studying foodservice and communications should apply.
Electrochemical Society Summer Fellowship
- Must be in a college or university in Canada or the United States. Intended for summer study and/or research in electrical, electronics, or communications engineering.
Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Summer Fellowship
- Must be studying pre-med or science. Award intended for students working with a mentor on a research project. Also requires 10 hours of lab work.
Kappa Epsilon/AFPE/Nellie Wakeman Fellowship
- For students who have completed one term in advanced pharmaceutical sciences study. Must be a member of Kappa Epsilon.
New York Financial Writers Association Scholarship
- For students attending a NYC university or college who want to become business journalists.
Verne R. Dapp Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. For those studying nuclear science or anything related. Students must be sponsored by local section, division, student branch, committee member or member of the American Nuclear Society.
Finlandia Foundation Trust Scholarship
- For a U.S. or Finnish college student in Finnish studies.
National Zoological Park Traineeship in Landscaping
- For students studying horticulture and landscaping. Preference to recent graduates and advanced undergraduates. Chosen based on statement of interest, achievement, experience, and letters of reference.
National Zoological Park Traineeship in Public Affairs
- For students studying public affairs. Criteria similar to the above grant.
SEMA Memorial Scholarship
- For full-time students at US universities in a field leading to work in the automotive aftermarket. Must have a 2.5 GPA and completed half of their required credits.
Resident Education Advisor Program
- For a male student who’s a Sigma Alpha Epsilon member. Must spend 15-20 hours a week as a resident advisor.
Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship
- For students studying forestry, wildlife, or marine science. Need at least 60 or more hours of graded college credit with a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Walter Meyer Scholarship
- For U.S. citizens or permanent residents studying nuclear science and technology. Must be sponsored by an ANS chapter or member.
Bibliographical Society of America Fellowship
- For students doing research into book publishing or the overall book trade.
NAHJ General Scholarship
- For journalism students who have demonstrated academic and career excellence. Based on financial need, reccomendations, essay, and more.
International Student Scholarship
- For international students who are legal residents. Need a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and clearly defined career goals.
IMA Memorial Education Fund Scholarship
- For a student in financial management, management accounting, or information systems management. Must reapply annually.
- Must be working in advanced fields on Atlantic salmon biology, conservation, or management.
CTA Scholarship for Members
- For California Teachers Association members. There are many different available scholarships for CTA members at this link.
Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship
- For NAACP members under 25-years-old. Graduate students need a 3.0 GPA to qualify, or a 2.5 undergraduate GPA if beginning graduate studies. Must show financial need.
Stanley Olson Youth Scholarship
- For a Jewish applicant under 26-years-old living in Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, or Sonoma County, Calif. Must be studying liberal arts.
- For women studying healthcare at an accredited college or university in Georgia.
Morton Gould Young Composers Award
- For a student under 30 studying music composition. Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident.
Summerfield G. Roberts Award
- For a student working on a literary project about the Republic of Texas, 1836-1846. Open to all writers everywhere.
Mark P. Herschede Engineering Award
- For a male engineering student and Sigma Chi member with a GPA above the All Men’s Average at their college or university, or a 3.0 GPA where the AMA is not available.
Truman D. Picard Scholarship
- Must be a member of a Native American tribe studying natural resources (environmental science, forestry, natural resource management, range management, etc.). Can reapply for renewal.
ATCA Half to Full-time Student Scholarship
- For a U.S. citizen in aerospace or aviation. Based on academic performance and financial need.
Sarah Bradley Tyson Memorial Fellowship
- For a highly qualified woman studying agriculture or horticulture. A very thorough application process is required to be awarded this scholarship.