Civil engineers are like the civil servants of problem solving. How do you control erosion in parks? How do you balance the interests of two types of fisherman when constructing a dam? What sort of bridge can safely provide transit throughout the year in tough weather conditions? If you loved Legos or building structures when you were a kid, you likely have some understanding of the thrill and reward found in constructing functional spaces. And luckily, this rewarding degree also doesn’t have to be expensive. Many civil engineering scholarships are available to lower the cost of your education. Check out 50 of the most lucrative below!
$2,000 PixelPlex Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship
- For STEM, Business, and Economics students. Must write an essay on the blockchain or artificial intelligence. Deadline to apply is December 5th.
- STEM, Business, and Economics students.
7X24 Exchange Rocky Mountain Chapter Scholarship
- For students in the Rocky Mountain region. Must be associated with the mission critical support industry. Deadline to apply is April 10th.
- Rocky Mountain region students associated with the mission critical support industry.
AAUW Return to Learning Scholarships
- For female students looking to complete an undergraduate or master’s degree, or a certification program after a significant interruption. Must reside in Lombard, Villa Park, Oakbrook Terrace, Wheaton, Addison, Glendale Heights or Glen Ellyn. Preference given to STEM students. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- Female students residing in Lombard, Villa Park, Oakbrook Terrace, Wheaton, Addison, Glendale Heights or Glen Ellyn.
ACF Woodcock Family Education Scholarship Program
- For high school graduating seniors from the Albuquerque metro area. Need a 3.8 GPA and strong math and science bonafides.
- Albuquerque metro area high school graduating seniors with strong math and science credentials.
AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter Scholarship
- For students in the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments. Must have a major in: computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, cybersecurity, and management information systems; and command, control, communications, computers and Intelligence (C4I)-related fields of study including electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering or electronics. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Students in the metropolitan D.C. area in applicable majors.
AHB Foundation Scholarship
- For residents of Alabama attending or enrolled in accredited junior college, technical school or university in Alabama in a residential construction-related program. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Alabama residents in residential construction-related programs.
Alabama Student Grant Program
- For Alabama residents. To provide financial assistance to Alabama residents for undergraduate study.
- Alabama residents.
Alaska Space Grant Program- Undergraduate
- For undergraduate STEM students. Women, minorities, and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Deadline to apply is September 15th.
- Undergraduate stem students, women, minorities, disabled students.
American Association of Blacks in Energy Scholarship
- For African-American, Hispanic, and Native American high school graduates planning to attend programs related to energy. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- African-Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans interested in energy careers.
Anna N. Dosen Serbian Educational Fund
- For students with a Serbian background to pursue a science education. Must be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Serbian science students.
ASDSO Senior Undergraduate Scholarship (Dam Engineering)
- For undergraduate Seniors in programs related to dam engineering. Deadline to apply is March 31st.
- Undergraduate Seniors in dam engineering-related programs.
ASM Canton-Massillon Chapter – Freshman Scholarship
- For students in the Canton-Massillon area studying metallurgy, materials science or other engineering/science disciplines. Must be accepted to an ABET-accredited College of Engineering. Deadline to apply is May 8th.
- Students in the Canton-Massillon area entering engineering programs.
ASNT Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship
- To incentivize engineering students to pursue nondestructive testing and evaluation. Deadline to apply is December 15th.
- For engineering students interested in nondestructive testing and evaluation.
ASNT Fellowship Award
- To fund graduate or doctoral NDT research. Deadline to apply is October 15th.
- For graduate and doctoral-level NDT research.
Association of Women Contractors Scholarship
- For women who are entering construction-related careers through a degree program or apprenticeship. Must be a Minnesota resident. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Women in Minnesota entering construction careers.
AWS Arsham Amirikian Engineering Scholarship
- For an undergraduate student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or welding. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- Undergraduates pursuing bachelor degrees in civil engineering or welding.
B. Charles Tiney Memorial ASCE Student Chapter Scholarship
- For ASCE Student Chapter members in ABET-accredited programs in civil engineering or related fields. Applications must be received by February 10th.
- Civil Engineering and related majors, ASCE Student Members.
Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund
- For incoming freshman enrolled in engineering, physical, computer or environmental science programs. Applicants must be of Filipino heritage and be a resident of the Northern California counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma or Stanislaus – OR – the Southern California counties of Los Angeles, Orange or San Diego. Dedline to apply is March 2nd.
- Filipino California students entering applicable fields.
Bill & Shireen Kirk Scholarship Fund
- For third or fourth year undergraduate, masters, or doctoral students who have financial need and are pursuing degrees in business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales. Applicants can be from any state, but preference goes to those from Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia or West Virginia. Deadline to apply is February 15th.
- Third or fourth year students in applicable areas.
Bill H. James Foundation for Aspiring African American Engineers
- For Black engineering students. Must be entering your junior or senior year of study. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Black engineering students entering their junior or senior year.
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
- For black students who are high school seniors looking to enter programs in computer science, engineering, and business. Award is granted at $5,000 per year for up to four years. Deadline to apply is March 8th.
- Black high school seniors.
BMW/SAE Engineering Scholarship
- For students pursuing engineering or related science degrees. Must have a 3.75 GPA and rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT I or the ACT. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Engineering and science students.
Boston University’s Noyce Scholarship Program In Math
- For STEM majors and STEM professionals who want to become mathematics teachers. Noyce Scholars at Boston University get 100% of their tuition paid, a master’s degree and initial teacher licensure, as well as job-placement assistance. Must have an undergraduate degree in mathematics or related field, be a legal US resident, and commit to teach for two years in a high-need district,
- STEM majors and professionals who want to become mathematics teachers.
Brown and Caldwell Minority Scholarship
- For minority students pursuing caerers in the environmental professions. Must have declared a major in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering, or environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology) and a 3.0 GPA. The next application cycle begins in Fall 2021.
- Minority students in environmental professions.
Brown and Caldwell Women in Leadership Scholarship
- For women who are in their junior or senior year, or at a graduate program majoring in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental science. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Women who are Juniors, Seniors, or graduate students in applicable programs.
Builders League of South Jersey Scholarship Foundation
- For students from southern New Jersey to attend construction-related post-secondary programs. Must live in or attend school in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, or Salem counties to qualify. Deadline to apply is April 24th.
- Southern New Jersey students in construction-related programs.
- For Chinese American students in architecture, engineering, design, or construction-related fields. Deadline to apply is June 21st.
- Chinese American students in applicable fields.
CEJC/Bill Dull Scholarship
- For a graduating High School senior from the Charleston Metro area, to pursue an engineering or technology degree. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 24th.
- High School Seniors from Lowcountry area high schools.
CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
- For minority students in science, technology, engineering, and math. Deadline to apply is May 4th.
- Minority students in STEM.
Chicago Engineers Foundation Awards for Graduating HS Seniors
- For high school seniors preparing to enter engineering programs in Chicago. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- High School Seniors entering engineering programs in Chicago.
CMAA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Scholarship
- For college students in Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware in construction management or related degree programs. Must have completed at least one year of study. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- College students in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Delaware who are in construction management or related disciplines.
Collabera STEM Scholarship
- For women who are STEM students. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Female STEM students.
Connecticut Building Congress Scholarships
- Intended to help graduating Connecticut high school students in architecture, construction-related engineering (e.g. civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical or structural), construction management, landscape architecture, surveying, planning or related areas. Can be used to earn an associate, baccalaureate, or master’s degrees in a construction field. Deadline to apply is March 6th.
- Connecticut students in applicable areas.
Construction Trades Scholarship Competition
- For students in construction-related programs that have been approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, community college, technical school or similar. Must be training in a construction-related craft or trade. Deadline to apply is February 28th.
- Students in construction-related programs.
CPS Energy SAFE Program
- For incoming high school juniors interested that want to pursue college degrees related to the energy industry. Applicants must reside in CPS Energy service area, be at least 16 and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If chosen, you’ll work full-time during the summer with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Incoming high school juniors that want careers in the energy industry.
Davidson Fellows Scholarship
- For students 18 and under who have done something remarkable in: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy and Outside the Box. Deadline to apply is February 12th.
- Students 18 and under who have made a stunning contribution to their field of choice.
Davis Memorial Scholarship
- To be used to attend trade schools, or higher degrees related to the construction industry. Deadline to apply is April 10th.
- Students in trade schools and construction-related degree programs.
DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- For graduate students working in interdisciplinary computer sciences. Awardees have gone on to work in DOE laboratories, private industry, and educational institutions. Deadline to apply is January 15th.
- Graduate computer science students.
Dr. W. Wesley Eckenfelder Scholarship
- For students in their Junior or Senior year, or in graduate programs in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology). Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Junior or Senior undergraduate students and graduate students in applicable areas.
Gladys Carol Scholarship
- For high school seniors, high school graduates, and current undergraduates in or entering full-time STEM programs. Next application cycle begins in November.
- High school seniors, high school graduates, and current undergraduates accepted or in full-time STEM programs.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- For minority students, including African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health and other sciences. Scholars enjoy academic assistance, mentoring, and more.
- African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students
Edison Scholars Program
- For high school seniors in STEM. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Next application cycle begins in Fall 2020.
- High School Seniors in STEM.
Edwards Lifesciences Foundation Scholarship Program
- For high school seniors from Orange County, California, Salt Lake County, Utah, or Puerto Rico. Must be pursuing a bachelor’s in STEM areas. Need a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is May 26th.
- High School Seniors from Orange County, California, Salt Lake County, Utah, or Puerto Rico
- Awarded to graduating high school Seniors from applicable areas across the country that will enroll in engineering Bachelor programs (see site for details). Must have a 3.5 GPA and high standardized test scores. Deadline to apply is August 14th.
- Graduating Hispanic high school seniors from applicable areas.
Eleanor K. Buckley Memorial Scholarship
- For students in their first, second, or third year of a post-secondary degree in construction, construction management, architecture, civil, mechanical, electrical or structural engineering. Deadline to apply is May 31st.
- First, second, and third year students in applicable degree areas.
Elms College STEM Scholarships
- For full-time Elms College students in STEM majors. Must demonstrate financial need. Deadline to apply is February 1st.
- Elms College STEM majors.
- For High School Seniors at Fayette County public schools. Must have a 3.5 GPA and intend to enter STEM fields. Applications are due in Mid-March.
- High School Seniors from Fayette County public schools pursuing STEM degrees.
EPOC Environmental Scholarship Fund
- For Connecticut residents and members and family members of EPOC. Must be enrolled in a bachelor, master or PhD degree program and have declared a major in an applicable environmental areas. Next application period begins in January 2021.
- Connecticut environmental undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
EPP Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- This scholarship provides funding for minority students at minority serving institutions. Must be a rising Junior undergraduate student majoring in STEM. You’ll complete two paid internships as part of this award.
- Minority students at minority serving institutions studying STEM fields.
- For current or soon-to-be post-secondary students in energy engineering, energy management or energy technology-related degree programs. Deadline to apply is March 31st.
- Post-secondary students in energy engineering, management, and more.