Few pursuits are as important, needed, and ridiculed as the running of government. Over recent decades, unbelievable changes in governance, equality, and economic growth have passed over much of the world. Simultaneously many nations are more divided than ever seeking to find innovative solutions within the public sphere to unprecedented issues. This is the realm of political science. And due to the undisputed importance of quality candidates for studying or enacting civic policy, there are many scholarship opportunities available for those who think they want to pursue a polysci degree. Check out 50 of the most lucrative scholarships for political science degrees below!
Iyowun Memorial College Scholarship
- The Iyowun Memorial College Scholarship It’s a $1000 scholarship for college students who are pursuing a career in technology or the social sciences. To be eligible for this award you must be a college or university student with a grade point average of 2.5 or above. To apply to the scholarship submit an essay, recommendation letter, and an official transcript.
International Association for Intelligence Education Scholarship
- The International Association for Intelligence Education Scholarship is awarded through the Lint Center for National Security Studies. This is a $1500 award intended for university students. If you have a desire to make a career in the Intelligence field then this scholarship could be for you. To apply to this award submit an application form, essay, and a personal statement.
McGaughey Family Scholarship
- The McGaughey Family Scholarship is awarded by the Lint Center for National Security Studies. This $1000 award was intended to develop new opportunities for the next generation of America’s national security workers. This merit based award is for students who are intending to pursue a career with a focus in counterintelligence, national security, military intelligence, and cross cultural studies. Applicants should be US citizens. To apply to this award submit an essay as well as an application form.
Patrick M. Hughes Scholarship
- The Patrick M. Hughes Scholarship Is awarded by the Lint Center for National Security Studies. This is a $500 award given annually for the next generation of America’s counter intelligence. To apply for this award submit a personal essay, application form, and an essay. You must have been admitted to a university prior to submitting your application.
EPP Undergraduate Scholarship
- The EPP Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded through the National oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Students receive awards valued at upwards to $45,000. These scholarships are for undergraduate students majoring in a STEM field that directly supports the NOAA mission. For more information check out their website.
APSA Minority Fellows Program
- The APSA Minority Fellows Program is awarded through the American Political Science Association. This award is available to Asian Pacific Americans, African-Americans, Latino, and Native American US citizens enrolled who are planning to enroll in a PhD program. The program must be in the area of political science. This $4000 award is intended for minority students. To fill an application submit their form, personal statement, official transcript, recommendation letters, and your resume.
- PHD, Minority
Political Leadership Scholarship
- The Political Leadership Scholarship is offered by the Pride Foundation. The scholarship is intended for US students who are majoring in law, political science, public policy or public administration who are committed to improving the lives of individuals in the LGBTQ community. Applicants must be a resident of one of the following states: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington state. The amount of the award is $4160. To apply to the scholarship submit your application form along with two letters of recommendation, essays, and complete an interview.
Profile in Courage Essay Contest
- The Profile in Courage Essay Contest is awarded through the John Fitzgerald Kennedy Library Foundation. This scholarship awards high school students who address one of the topics listed on the John Fitzgerald Kennedy library foundation website. The amount of the award varies and ranges from $500-$10,000 for the first place winner. To apply to this award fill out your application form, submit your essay, as well as your nomination.
- High School
- The Harry S Truman Scholarship Foundation awards the Truman Scholarship. This award is for college juniors with high levels of academic achievement. This is a $30,000 award that is renewable for one year for a total of $60,000. The right candidate for this award will have an extensive record of community service and be committed to a career in government. You should have participated for over two years and in one of the following activities: ROTC, fraternity/sorority, government internships, government, and others. To apply to this award submit your nomination, three recommendation letters, application form, official transcript, policy proposal, and complete an interview.
- The COAG Scholarship Program is offered to the Constitutional Officers Association of Georgia. This is for a Georgia High School Senior who is graduating and planning to enroll in an accredited higher education facility in Georgia. Applicants must be seeking an undergraduate degree. To submit an application for this $1000 award fill out your application form as well as your essay.
- High School Senior
Gloria Barron Scholarship
- The Gloria Barron Scholarship is offered through the Wilderness Society. The Gloria Barfon Scholarship is for graduate students who are studying national resource management, law, or policy. This is a $10,000 award given in two installments. To apply to the scholarship submit a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, unofficial transcript, research proposal, and a CV. For more information about how to apply head to their website.
Public Service Officer or Employee’s Child Survivor Grant Program
- The Public Service Pfficer or employee’s child survivor grant program is offered through the Missouri Department of higher education. This award is given to undergraduate students in the state of Missouri. The program provides tuition assistant for public employees as well as their families particularly if the family member has been killed or disabled in the line of duty. The amount of the scholarship is $5121. To reply to this program fill out an application form as well as a verification form.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program PSLF is offered through the United States Department of Education. This is for full-time employees working in an approved government agency who have been employed for a minimum of five years and still have to pay an educational loan balance. The total amount awarded for the scholarship is $50,000. To apply to this program fill out their application form.
APSA Minority Fellowship Program
- The APSA Minority Fellowship Program is for individuals from underrepresented backgrounds who are beginning their doctoral programs in political science. To be eligible for this award you must be a racial minority living in the United States or be a US national or US permanent resident. The amount of this award varies. For more information about this award check out their website.
- PHD, Minority
Ashbrook Scholar Program
- The Ashbrook Scholar Program is a $2000 award that’s renewable for students attending Ashland University. This is a merit based award for students were interested in studying politics and history. For more information about this program check out their website.
- The COAG Scholarship is a $1000 award given to high school seniors living in the state of Georgia. The high school seniors must be graduating and currently enrolled in a school of higher education located within the state of Georgia. To be eligible for this award you must be intending to study the government/law enforcement, political science, accounting/finance or business, or pre-law. For more information and to apply check out their website.
- High School
Davidson Fellows Scholarship
- The Davidson Fellow Scholarship as a $50,000 award for extraordinary young people. To be eligible for this award you must be under the age of 18 and have completed a significant piece of work. The categories for the award are: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literature, music, philosophy and outside the box. Every year the Davidson Fellows are honored in Washington DC. For more information and to apply to this program check out their website.
- Under 18
EPP Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- The EPP Undergraduate Scholarship Program is a $45,000 award for college sophomores who are attending minorities serving institutions. To be eligible for the award you must have declared or are prepared to declare a major in Atmospheric, oceanic, or environmental disciplines that support those sciences. To be eligible for this award you must be a United States Citizen who is enrolled or excepted full-time in a four-year academic program. All applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
Gloria Barron Wilderness Society Scholarship
- The Gloria Barron Wilderness Scholarship is a $10,000 reward for graduate students who are attending an accredited North American University. Qualified applicants will have a commitment to the long-term protection of the wilderness in the United States. Graduate students in the following areas will be considered: natural resources management law or policy programs, and similar.
GWCF National Scholarship Competition
- The GWCS National Scholarship Competition is a $5000 award for high school seniors who are United States citizens. To be eligible for this award, you must be planning a career in the United States local, state, or federal government. For more information about this award check out their website.
- High School
ISF National Scholarships
- The ISF National Scholarship is offered through the Islamic Scholarship Fund. The mission is to address under represented American Muslims in fields in occupations such as public opinion and policymaking. To be eligible for this $10,000 award you must be a United States citizen or permanent resident who is Muslim and an active member of the Muslim community. Additionally applicants should maintain a 3.0 grade point average and be a junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student. For more information and to apply check out their website.
- Undergraduate, Graduate
ISI Henry Salvatori Fellowship
- The ISI Henry Salvatori Fellowship is looking for outstanding students to apply to this program. To be eligible you must be members of the intercollegiate studies institute pursuing a graduate degree for the purpose of teaching at the collegiate level. Additionally eligible applicants will be US citizens. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance Scholarship
- The Matt Fong Asian Americans in Public Finance Scholarship is a memorial scholarship impacting Asian Americans who are in the public finance industry. To be eligible for this award you must be an incoming sophomore, junior or senior at a four year college/university and enrolled in a California college or university. Applicant should be majoring in the following areas: accounting, political science, public policy, business administration or a related field. Additionally applicant should be at least 50% Asian heritage and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. For more information about this $2500 award check out their scholarship page.
- Undergraduate, Asian
Nellie Martin Carman Scholarship Fund
- The Nellie Martin Carmen Scholarship Fund is a $2000 award for graduating seniors from public high schools in the following counties: King, Pearce, Snohomish. Applications are available for high schools and are renewable for four years of college in the state of Washington. To qualify for this award you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- High School
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program it’s a prestigious award outstanding graduate students pursuing a degree in a STEM discipline. The amount of the award varies. Eligible applicants must be pursuing a research-based masters and doctoral degrees in the United States or abroad. To apply must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Roosevelt Archival Internships
- The Roosevelt Archival Internships offer summer intern work in it’s archives department. The library offers a number of paid internships in the summer and occasionally offers internships for credit during the spring and the fall semesters. This opportunity is available to undergraduate or recent graduate students who are studying history, political science, archival, library sciences, or computer/information Science. For more information about this opportunity check out their website.
- Undergraduate, Graduate
The Saul Kagan Fellowship in Advanced Shoah Studies
- The Saul Kagan Fellowship in Advanced Shoah Studies Supports PHD and doctoral candidates who are pursuing study about the holocaust. This is a $20,000 award that supports research in the following areas: the historical context of the holocaust, political science, economics, legal, religious or socio- cultural aspects of the holocaust, the ethical and moral implications of the holocaust, or other related topics. The following fields will be considered: history, sociology, Jewish studies, political science, philosophy, theology, women studies and others. For more information check out their website.
Knapp Scholarship in Political Science
- The Knapp Scholarship Is named after David C. Knapp former political scientist and president of the university of Massachusetts. The amount of the award is $4670 and it’s given to full-time enrolled students who have completed between 300 and 105 credits as well as 3 UMB political science classes. Submit an application includes your most recent unofficial UMB transcript, resume, an essay of 500 to 600 words. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Edwin A. Gere, Jr. Scholarship
- The Edwin A. Gere Jr. Scholarship is sponsored by the University of Massachusetts at Amhurst. To be eligible for this award you must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a political science department with an interest in state and local politics. The amount of the award is $500. For more information check out their website.
- Undergraduate, Graduate
David A. Booth Scholarship
- David A. Booth scholarship was established in memory of the political science professor David A. Booth and is sponsored by the University of Massachusetts Amherst. The scholarship is awarded to incoming freshman or transfer students from urban areas of Massachusetts. The purpose of the award is to represent underrepresented students who are interested in political science. The amount of the award varies. For more information and to apply for the scholarship check out their website.
- Undergraduate, Minority
Bo & Gloria Ginn Scholarship
- The Bo and Gloria Ginn scholarship was established in honor of the Ginn’s academics achievements at Georgia Southern. The scholarship program is sponsored through Georgia Southern University. The purpose of the award is to support incoming freshmen who are majoring in political science. The amount of the award varies for more information and to apply check out their website.
Manning J. Dauer Fellowship
- The Manning J. Dauer Fellowship It’s sponsored by the University of Florida. To be eligible for this grant you must be studying political science. The amount of the award varies and ranges from $6000-$8000 for more information and to apply check out their website.
Pittman Family Scholarship Fund
- The Pitman Family Scholarship Fund is for political science students at UMBC. This award varies but is usually around $3000. To be eligible for this award you must be a student at UMBC who is studying in political science. For more information and to apply check out their website.
- The Curl Scholarship is offered at Missouri State University. The scholarship amount is $2500 and is intended to students who are pursuing a degree in political science.
W.E. Baker Pre-Law Scholarship
- The W.E. Baker Pre-Law Scholarship is offered through Texas A&M University. The amount of the award ranges from $50-$500. To be eligible for this award you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be pursuing a degree in political science. To apply submit two letters of recommendation.
Brookshire Politics Scholarship
- The Brookshire Politics Scholarship is offered at the Texas A&M University Kingston. This is a $100 reward for students who are majoring in political science. For more information check out their website.
Tilman M. Bishop Scholarship
- The Tilman M. Bishop Scholarship is offered through Colorado Mesa University. The amount of your word varies but ranges between $500 and $1000. To qualify for the scholarship you must be studying political science as well as have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Additionally you must agree to serve as an intern with the Colorado State legislator. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Abe Slann Memorial Scholarship
- The Abe Slann Memorial scholarship is offered at Clemson university. To be eligible for this award you must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 as well as study political science. The amount of the award is $400.
Cortez A.M. Ewing Public Service Fellowship
- The Cortez A. M. Ewing Public Service Fellowship is offered at the university of Oklahoma Department of Political Science. The purpose of the fellowship is to sponsor summer internships in Washington DC for outstanding students from Oklahoma university. To be eligible for this award, you must be a sophomore or junior from any academic major who has not had a summer internship before. To apply to this fellowship submit an essay as well as two letters of recommendation one of which must be from a faculty member. The fellowship provides $5000 for travel and living expenses in Washington DC.
- The Public Interest Fesearch Group PIRG fellowship is a $25,500 reward to recent college graduates who are interested in the public interest movement. As a PIRG fellow you’ll build expertise in global warming, campaign reform, or another social issue. Recipients conduct research and make the case for solutions active spokes person’s in the media and more. For more information about this opportunity to check out their website.
Homecoming Scholars Award
- The Homecoming Scholars Award is available to students at Xavier university, Wilberforce University, Tuskegee University, Cookman University, Texas Southern University, Fisk University, Morehouse College, and Grambling State University. To be eligible for this $25,000 award you must be pursuing study in the following areas: literature, creative arts, African-American studies, business, communications, social sciences, computer sciences, engineering, science, education, or political science. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Bess Heflin Fellowship
- The Bess Heflin Fellowship is a $19,000 award to graduate students at the University of Texas at Austin. You must be studying one of the following areas in order to be able to bill for this award: plant biology or botany, nutrition, ecology, evolution and behavior, I got the economics, zoology, history, microbiology, sell and molecular biology, government, anthropology, sociology, psychology, biological sciences or geography. To be eligible for the word submit oh well defined program of research as well as a strong personal statement and letters of recommendation.
Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship
- The Hebert Scoville Junior Peace Fellowship is a $27,000 award for graduate students were interested in peace and security issues. This is a 6 to 9 month program in which she will be placed in one of the following nonprofit sectors: public interest organizations such as arms control, conflict resolution, defense budgets, economic conversion, environmental security, export control, international security, relational conflicts, and the United Nations. This program is for professionals.
Honors Scholarship – The College of New Rochelle
- Honors Scholarship at the college in New Rochelle offers a $25,000 award for entering freshmen. You must be admitted to the honors program in order to be eligible for this award. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Dean’s Scholarship – The College of New Rochelle
- The Dean’s Scholarship is offered at the college of New Rochelle. This $14,000 award is for students to rank in the top 15% of their high school class. The Dean’s scholarship is intended for entering freshman at the college of new Rochelle. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Graduate Assistantships for Doctoral Students Scholarship – Nova SEU
- The Graduate Assistantships for doctoral student scholarships is a $10,000 award available to full-time doctoral students at Nova Southeastern University. To be eligible for this award you must be in a humanities or social sciences program and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. The positions for this internship are a maximum of 20 hours per week. For more information check out their website.
City of New Rochelle Resident Award
- The City of New Rochelle Residence award offers a $9000 reward. This New Resident award is offered to students at the college of New Rochelle. To qualify for this award you must be a resident.
Catholic High School Graduate Award
- The Catholic High School Graduate Award is a $9000 award for Catholic high school graduates students attending the college of New Rochelle you must have graduated from a Catholic high school in order to be eligible for this award.
Merit Transfer Scholarship – The College of New Rochelle
- The Merit Transfer Scholarship to college of New Rochelle is a $11,500 award for students for transferring to the college of New Rochelle. To be considered for this award, you must demonstrate academic success at the collegiate level. For more information and to apply check out their website.