Electrical engineering can be thanked for having electrical lighting in your home. They play a crucial role in electronics such as your television or cell phone. And cars, boats, trains, or planes wouldn’t look nearly the same today without the help of electrical engineers. If you have the urge to tinker and discover how electrical systems around you work, and you enjoy the process of building or improving objects, electrical engineering could be a great path for you. Here at DegreeQuery we attempt to provide resources for students interested in all types of degrees, and electrical engineering is no different. Be sure to check out 50 of the best scholarships for electrical engineering students below today!
U.S. to Australia Fellowship
- Up to $40,000
- For graduate and postgraduate level students. Must be doing research in sciences, medicine, engineering or mining, and be accepted into an Australian institution. Deadline to apply is October 15th.
- Graduate and postgraduate students accepted to Australian institutions.
- Up to $38,000
- For undergraduate and graduate students. You must be pursuing a technical degree in an approved STEM discipline and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Includes summer internships and a commitment to work for DoD after graduation. Deadline to apply is December 1st.
- Undergraduate and graduate students in STEM programs.
- For High School Seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering or mathematics. Deadline to apply is December 2nd.
- High School Seniors, undergraduates, and graduate STEM students.
Edison Scholars Program
- For High School Seniors at high schools in Southern California that fall under Edison’s service territory. Must have a 3.0 GPA and be planning to attend a four – year college or university to pursue STEM degrees. Deadline to apply is December 16th.
- High School Seniors in Edison’s California service territory pursuing STEM degrees.
Andy Grove Scholarship for Intel Employees’ and Retirees’ Children
- For the children of Intel employees and retirees. Awarded in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Egypt, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United States, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
- Children of Intel employees and retirees.
Branahl 20th Anniversary Endowed Engineering Scholarship
- For students in the University of Missouri-St. Louis/Washington University Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program. Must have a 2.5 GPA. Deadline to apply is September 13th.
John E. and Phyllis L. Evans III Annual Scholarship
- For Juniors and Seniors enrolled in the UMSL/WUSTL Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is September 13th.
- Juniors and Seniors in the UMSL/WUSTL Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program.
Regeneron Science Talent Search
- Up to $250,000
- For extraordinarily talented High School Seniors. Must present independent research in science, math, or engineering. Deadline to apply is November 12th.
- High School Seniors interested in STEM research.
PixelPlex STEM Scholarship
- For students enrolled in a STEM, economics or business field. You must submit an essay of at least 800 words on artificial intelligence or the blockchain. Deadline to apply is December 5th.
- Students enrolled in STEM, economics, or business degree programs.
Adeline and Erwin Branahl Scholarship
- Up to $2,213
- For students in the University of Missouri-St. Louis/Washington University Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program or the Pre-Engineering curriculum. Need a 3.0 GPA. Preference given to minorities and women who have completed their Sophomore year.
- Students in the University of Missouri-St. Louis/Washington University Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program or the Pre-Engineering curriculum.
ScholarshipPoints.com $10,000 Scholarship
- Complete a short form to be entered to win $10,000 in scholarship money! Must be enrolled or plan to enroll in a U.S. college or university.
- Students enrolled or planning to enroll in U.S. higher education institutions.
Androscoggin Amateur Radio Club Scholarship
- 500 – 1,000
- For students planning to attend a two or four-year college or university. Must be pursuing Computer Science, TV/Radio electronics or Electrical Engineering studies. Deadline to apply is in January.
- Students planning to attend colleges and universities to study applicable fields.
The Betty Weatherford, KQ6RE, Memorial Scholarship
- For Electrical or Communications Engineering students. Must have license requirement of any active Amateur Radio License class. Deadline to apply is January 2021.
- Electrical or Communications Engineering students with active Amateur Radio Licenses.
Online Associate Degree Scholarship
- For students pursuing online associates degrees from an accredited online degree program. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Online associate degree students.
The ASSIST Program
- For engineering graduate students or post-doctoral fellows. Includes funding for travel to theAISES National Conference and professional development. Deadline to apply is in October.
- Engineering graduate and post-doctoral fellows.
Letterman Telecommunications Scholarship
- 3,333 – 10,000
- For Ball State University telecommunication students. Must submit a creative project, including writing, research, interactive media, computer graphics, or a website. Deadline to apply is in April.
- BSU telecommunication students.
IEEE Life Member Graduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
- For graduate electrical engineering students. Can be renewed. Deadline to apply is in May.
- Graduate electrical engineering students.
AACE International Competitive Scholarships
- For US, Canadian, and International students in cost engineering/cost management programs. Must have completed one year of engineering study to be eligible. The next application cycle begins in January 2022.
Ferguson Family Scholarship
- For graduating students from Chelan or Douglas county high schools. $2,500 for up to four years. Must major in engineering or physics. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- Graduating students from Chelan or Douglas county high schools entering engineering or physics programs.
VADM Jon L. Boyes Scholarship
- For Navy ROTC midshipman majoring in Electrical Engineering. Must be at least a second-year student. Deadline to apply is in February.
- Navy ROTC Midshipmen majoring in electical engineering.
APS/IBM Research Internship for Underrepresented Minority Students
- This is a paid summer internship for women that takes place over ten weeks. Successful applicants will work with IBM researchers on a topic pertinent to them. Deadline to apply is in February.
- Women who are undergraduate students majoring in chemistry, physics, materials science or engineering, computer science or engineering, chemical, electrical, mechanical engineering, or biology.
Undergraduate STEM Scholarships
- For Junior or Senior undergraduate STEM students at applicable universities. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Junior or Senior undergraduate STEM students at applicable universities.
The PHD Scholarship
- For Ph.D. journalism, computer science, or electronic engineering students in the ARRL Midwest Division (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and state of Nebraska). Must have an active Amateur Radio License Class. Deadline to apply is in January.
- Ph.D. students in applicable disciplines and states.
Computer Science and Computer Engineering Degrees Undergraduate Scholarship
- High School Seniors that intend to study Computer Science or Computer Engineering can fill out a brief form to be entered to win. Deadline to apply is in April.
- High School Seniors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
American Foundation for the Blind
- 500 – 2,500
- For visually impaired students. Can be an undergraduate or graduate student studying engineering, computer, physical or life sciences, literature, or music. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Visually impaired students in applicable areas.
Northrop Grumman Foundation Scholarship
- For undergraduate women studying ABET-accredited baccalaureate programs in electrical, computer, software or system engineering. Deadline to apply is in February.
- Undergraduate women in ABET-accredited baccalaureate programs.
Engineering Degrees Graduate Level Scholarship
- For graduate students in engineering. Awarded based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Graduate engineering students.
The Indianapolis Amateur Radio Association Scholarship
- For post-secondary students majoring in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable areas. Must be a resident of Indiana or ARRL Central Division (Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin). Deadline to apply is in January.
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering students, Computer Science students, residents of applicable states.
Veterans of Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) and Iraqi Freedom Scholarship
- For veterans of applicable wars who are undergraduates majoring in electrical, aerospace, systems or computer engineering; computer engineering technology; computer network systems; information systems security; computer information systems; information systems management; technology management; electronics engineering technology; computer science; physics; mathematics; or science or mathematics education. Deadline to apply is in November.
- Veterans of applicable wars studying applicable majors.
IEEE James C. Klouda Memorial Scholarship Award
- For undergraduate students. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Should be studying electrical engineering with an emphasis in the field of electromagnetic compatibility or a related discipline.
- Undergraduate electrical engineering students interested in electromagnetism.
Ohio Space Grant Consortium Fellowships
- For graduate students. Must be pursuing STEM disciplines at Ohio member universities. Minorities, women, and disabled students are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate STEM students at participating Ohio universities.
AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter Scholarship
- For active duty military servicemen or honorably discharged veterans. Must be Sophomores or Juniors when applying, and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is November 2020.
- Active duty military members and honorably discharged veterans in applicable studies.
Sven and Lorraine Eriksson Alaska Scholarship
- For studying engineering or music at the University of Alaska. Deadline to apply is in April.
- Engineering or Music students at the University of Alaska.
Admiral Grace Murray Hopper Scholarship
- For women pursuing bachelor degrees in computer science or computer engineering. Must be incoming freshmen and have a 3.5 GPA. Deadline to apply is in May.
- Women entering Bachelor programs in computer science or computer engineering.
Community College Scholarships
- For Sophomore STEM students at the following schools: Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, Columbus State Community College, Cuyahoga Community College, Lakeland Community College, Lorain County Community College, Owens Community College, Sinclair Community College and Terra Community College. Deadline to apply is in October.
- Sophomore STEM students at participating colleges.
Ralph W. Shrader Diversity Scholarship
- For women and minorities who are graduate STEM students. Deadline to apply is in November.
- Minorities and women who are graduate STEM students.
James K. Goldston INFOSEC Scholarship
- For graduating high schoolers or currently enrolled college, university students who intend to study NSA-approved degrees. Must be from Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox (TN), Loudon, McMinn, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, or Washington County. Must show financial need and have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Graduating high schoolers or college students from applicable counties entering NSA-approved programs.
MTT UNDERGRADUATE/PRE-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- To assist BS/MS electrical engineering students. Deadline to apply is October 15th.
- BS/MS electrical engineering students.
MTT Microwave Fellowship
- For graduate students working on microwave engineering. Also available for medical students in microwave engineering. Deadline to apply is October 15th.
- Graduate students working on microwave engineering.
Stokes Educational Scholarship Program (NSA)
- For High School Seniors, especially minority students, who plan to major in computer science or computer/electrical engineering. Application deadline is November 15th.
- High School Seniors, minority students, entering computer science or computer/electrical engineering programs
Information Assurance Scholarship Program (IASP)
- For new entrants to DoD. To enhance the education of Information Assurance and IT students and professionals, and boost the colleges and universities that educate them.
- New entrants to DoD, Information Assurance and IT students and professionals.
Undergraduate Training Assistance Program
- For High School Seniors and College Freshmen and Sophomores. Includes work requirements at DIA. Must have a 2.75 GPA
- High School Seniors and College Freshmen and Sophomores entering applicable programs.
Louis Stokes Educational Scholarship Program (DIA)
- For students in undergraduate or graduate degree programs at universities or colleges located near a DIA facility or Combatant Command. Must show financial need and be in an approved major, including engineering.
- Undergraduate or graduate students in applicable programs.
CLARKSON UNIVERSITY/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For High School gradautes and aspiring undergraduate engineering students at Clarkson University. Deadline to apply is February 15th.
- High School Grads and Aspiring Undergraduate Engineering students looking to attend Clarkson University.
UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY/COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For incoming Freshmen or transfer students entering an engineering program at UDM. Chosen based on academics and leadership achievements. Must maintain a 3.0 GPA to renew this award.
- Incoming Freshmen and transfer students entering engineering programs at UDM.
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP (Daytona Beach)
- For Freshmen pursuing engineering degrees at Embry-Riddle.Must have a 1300 SAT or 30 ACT score, a 3.5 high school GPA, and participation in high school activities. $3,000 per year, can be renewed for three years.
- Freshmen entering Embry-Riddle enginerring programs.
UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE/JOHN R. TOOLEY/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For incoming Freshmen at UE’s School of Engineering. Must have a 1800 SAT Reasoning Test Score or 27 ACT, and 3.5 GPA in high school. $1,000 per year that can be renewed for four years.
- Incoming Freshmen at UE’s School of Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA/DEAN’S ENGINEERING SCHOLAR/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For any incoming Freshman entering engineering programs at the University of Florida. Non-renewable.
- Incoming Freshmen entering University of Florida engineering programs.
GENEVA COLLEGE/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For incoming Freshmen majoring in engineering. Award based on merit and financial need. $2,000 per year but can be renewed for three years if student maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- For incoming Freshmen in Geneva College Engineering programs.
GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY/PADNOS/SAE ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
- For high school Seniors that will pursue engineering full time at Grand Valley State University. Must have been accepted to Grand Valley State. Not renewable.
- High School Seniors entering engineering programs at Grand Valley State University.