Chemistry is all around us. And it’s particularly crucial for many of the products we enjoy. Paper products, cars, even food, all contain elements of chemical engineering. Plastic itself is a result of chemical engineering, as well as concrete that’s harder to crack. If you find yourself both drawn to the natural science of chemistry, and to understanding how we build the objects all around us, chemical engineering could be a great path for you. Here at DegreeQuery, we try to provide resources for students of every type, and chemical engineering is no different. Check out fifty of the top chemical engineer-related scholarships below!
$2,000 PixelPlex Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship
- For STEM, Business, and Economics students. Application requires an essay on the blockchain or artificial intelligence. Deadline to apply is December 5th.
- STEM, Business, and Economics students.
AAUW Return to Learning Scholarship
- AAUW offers several grants and fellowships to women returning to school to pursue degrees, certifications and more after a significant interruption. Deadlines to apply are between November and December. Check individual opportunities for details.
- Women returning to degrees or certifications after a significant interruption.
ACF Woodcock Family Education Scholarship Program
- For Albuquerque metro area high school graduating Seniors. Must have strong (3.8) GPA and an excellent math and science background. Deadline to apply is April 2nd.
- Albuquerque metro area high school graduating Seniors who are strong in math and science.
Trythall Family Scholarship for Excellence in Continuing Education
- For undergraduate students that live and work in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, Torrance, or Santa Fe. For students 25 or older that are studying Healthcare, Education, Science (not a social science), Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance or Computer Science. Must maintain a 2.8 GPA.
- Students 25 and older residing in applicable areas and pursuing applicable associate and bachelor degrees.
AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter Scholarship
- For students in the Metropolitan D.C. area majoring in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry, cybersecurity, and management information systems; and command, control, communications, computers and Intelligence (C4I)-related fields of study including electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering or electronics. Deadline to apply is May 1st.
- Students in the metropolitan D.C. area studying applicable majors.
African American Network of the Carolinas
- For African-American students from North and South Carolina. Must be pursuing a major in engineering, math, science, computer science, accounting, finance or business administration.
- African-American students from North and South Carolina in applicable majors.
Alabama Student Grant Program
- For Alabama residents. Awarded to give financial assistance for undergraduate study. Must have graduated high school or equivalent.
- Alabama residents.
Alaska Space Grant Program Undergraduate Scholarship
- For undergraduate STEM students. Women, minorities, and disabled students should apply. Deadline to apply is September 15th.
- Undergraduate STEM students, particularly women, minorities, disabled students.
American Association of Blacks in Energy Scholarship
- For African-American, Hispanic, and Native American high school graduates who intend to attend energy related programs. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- African-Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans interested in energy careers.
Anna N. Dosen Serbian Educational Fund
- For students of Serbian heritage to pursue a science education. Must be a graduating high school Senior or undergraduate student. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Serbian science students.
ASM Canton-Massillon Chapter – Freshman Scholarship
- For students in the Canton-Massillon area pursuing metallurgy, materials science or other engineering/science degree programs. Must be accepted to an ABET-accredited College of Engineering. Deadline to apply is May 8th.
- Students in the Canton-Massillon area entering engineering programs.
ASNT Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship
- To encourage engineering students to work in nondestructive testing and evaluation careers. Deadline to apply is December 15th.
- For engineering students who want nondestructive testing and evaluation careers.
Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund
- For incoming Freshmen enrolled in engineering, physical, computer or environmental science degree programs. Applicants must be of Filipino heritage and be a resident of the Northern California counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma or Stanislaus – OR – the Southern California counties of Los Angeles, Orange or San Diego. Dedline to apply is March 2nd.
- Filipino California students entering applicable fields.
Bill H. James Foundation for Aspiring African American Engineers
- For Black engineering students. Must be entering their Junior or Senior year. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Black engineering students entering their junior or senior year.
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
- For Black High School Seniors pursuing degrees in computer science, engineering, and business. Award is granted at $5,000 per year for up to four years. Deadline to apply is March 8th.
- Black High School Seniors entering applicable degree areas.
Boston University’s Noyce Scholarship Program In Math
- For STEM majors and STEM professionals who want to be mathematics teachers. Noyce Scholars at Boston University get 100% of their tuition paid, a master’s degree, an initial teacher licensure, and job-placement assistance. Must have an undergraduate degree in mathematics or related field, be a legal US resident, and agree to teach for two years in a high-need district.
- STEM majors and other professionals who want to become mathematics teachers.
Brown and Caldwell Minority Scholarship
- For minority students pursuing caerers in environmental professions. Must have declared a major in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering, or environmental sciences (e.g. geology, hydrogeology, ecology) and a 3.0 GPA. The next application cycle begins in Fall 2021.
- Minority students in environmental professions.
Brown and Caldwell Women in Leadership Scholarship
- For women in their Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate program, or at a graduate program majoring in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering or one of the environmental science. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Women who are Juniors, Seniors, or graduate students in applicable programs.
Center for Women In Technology (CWIT) Scholars Program at UMBC
- For women studying computer science, information systems, business technology administration (with a technical focus), computer engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical/biochemical/environmental engineering, or related majors at the University of Baltimore Maryland County. Deadline to apply is January 15th.
- Female technology students at UMBC.
CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program
- For minority students in STEM. Four awards are offered to Black and Hispanic students. Deadline to apply is May 4th.
- Minority students in STEM.
Chicago Engineers Foundation Awards for Graduating HS Seniors
- For High School Seniorsentering engineering degree programs in Chicago. Must maintain a 2.5 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- High School Seniors in Chicago entering engineering programs.
Chicago Engineers Foundation Incentive Award
- For graduating High School Seniors living or attending high school in the city of Chicago. Must plan to study engineering and received acceptance from an accredited undergraduate engineering program. Need to have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- High School Seniors in Chicago entering engineering programs.
Collabera STEM Scholarship
- For female STEM students. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 30th.
- Female STEM students.
Clarkston Scholars Program
- For a college Sophomore in Pennslyvania studying life sciences and intending to pursue a career in it. Provided as two installments of $5,000 over your Junior and Senior years. Next application cycle is in the Fall.
- College Sophomores studying life science fields in Pennsylvania.
CPS Energy SAFE Program
- For incoming High School Juniors interested that want to pursue college degrees related to the energy industry. Applicants must reside in CPS Energy service area, be at least 16 and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If chosen, you’ll work full-time during the summer with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Incoming high school Juniors that want careers in the energy industry.
Edwards Lifesciences Foundation Scholarship Program
- For high school seniors from Orange County, California, Salt Lake County, Utah, or Puerto Rico. Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in STEM areas and have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is May 26th.
- High School Seniors from Orange County, California, Salt Lake County, Utah, or Puerto Rico
Davidson Fellows Scholarship
- For students 18 and under who have an impressive achievement in: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Literature, Music, Philosophy and Outside the Box. Deadline to apply is February 12th.
- Students 18 and under who have made a contribution to their field of choice.
Dr. W. Wesley Eckenfelder Scholarship
- For students in their Junior or Senior year, or in graduate programs in civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 15th.
- Junior or Senior undergraduate students and graduate students in applicable areas.
- Awarded to graduating HS Seniors from applicable areas across the country that plan to enroll in engineering Bachelor programs (see site for details). Must have a 3.5 GPA and high standardized test scores. Deadline to apply is August 14th.
- Graduating Hispanic high school seniors from applicable areas.
Elms College STEM Scholarships
- For full-time Elms College students in STEM majors. Must show financial need. Deadline to apply is February 1st.
- Elms College STEM majors.
- For High School Seniors attending Fayette County public schools. Need a 3.5 GPA and intend to enter STEM fields. Applications are due in Mid-March.
- High School Seniors from Fayette County public schools pursuing STEM degrees.
EPOC Environmental Scholarship Fund
- For Connecticut residents and members and family members of EPOC. You should be enrolled in a bachelor, master or PhD degree program and have declared a major in an applicable environmental areas. Next application period begins in January 2021.
- Connecticut environmental undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
EPP Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- This scholarship provides funding for minority students at institutions that serve minorities. Must be a rising Junior undergraduate student majoring in STEM. You’ll complete two paid internships as part of this award.
- Minority students at minority serving institutions studying STEM fields.
Virginia Heinlein Memorial Scholarship
- For women majoring in engineering, math, or biological or physical sciences. Must write an essay to enter. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- Women majoring in engineering, math, or biological or physical sciences.
Yoji Kondo and Jerry Pournelle
- For students studying engineering, math, science fiction as literature or biological or physical sciences. Deadline to apply is April 1st. Must write an essay to enter.
Gladys Carol Scholarship
- For high school Seniors, high school graduates, and current undergraduates in or pursuing full-time STEM programs. Next application cycle begins in November.
- High school seniors, high school graduates, and current undergraduates accepted or in full-time STEM programs.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- For African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students in computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health and other sciences. Scholars receive academic assistance, mentoring, and more.
- African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American and Hispanic American students in applicable areas.
James M. & Erma T. Freemont Scholarship Program
- For graduating HS Seniors planning to attend HCBUs, undergraduate HBCU students, or graduate students at HCBUs. Should have a history of leadership and volunteerism.
- Current and future HCBU students.
JVS Chicago Scholarship Program
- This scholarship is for Jewish students living or working in the Chicago metro area for at least one year. Must be upperclassmen in undergraduate programs or graduate students in “helping” fields (includes engineering).
- Jewish students in the Chicago metro area.
- For engineering students entering their Junior year. Application deadline is March 1st.
- Engineering students entering their Junior year.
Tau Beta Pi/SAE Engineering Scholarship*
- For pursuing an engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program. Must have a 3.75 GPA and rank in the 90th percentile of SAT/ACT. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Engineering and science students.
TMC/SAE Donald D. Dawson Technical Scholarship*
- For engineering students at ABET-accredited programs with at least a 3.25 GPA. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Engineering students at ABET-accredited programs.
UNCF STEM Scholars Program*
- For Black HS Seniors. Must be entering STEM programs. Deadline to apply is April 3rd.
- Black high school graduates entering STEM programs.
West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program*
- For West Virginians entering STEM programs. Need a 3.0 GPA and will agree to work in STEM in West Virginia during years the award is received. Deadline to apply is March 1st.
- West Virginian STEM students.
- For graduate students. Must be pursuing STEM disciplines at participating Ohio universities. Minorities, women, and disabled students are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate STEM students at participating Ohio universities.
BMW/SAE Engineering Scholarship
- For students pursuing engineering or related science degrees. Need a 3.75 GPA and rank in the 90th percentile in both math and critical reading on SAT I or the ACT. Deadline to apply is March 15th.
- Engineering and science students.
- For Chinese-Americans in architecture, engineering, design, or construction-related disciplines. Deadline to apply is June 21st.
- Chinese American students in applicable fields.
CEJC/Bill Dull Scholarship
- For a graduating High School senior from the Charleston Metro area. Can be used for an engineering or technology degree. Must have a 3.0 GPA. Deadline to apply is April 24th.
- High School Seniors from Lowcountry area high schools.
The ASSIST Program
- For engineering graduate students or post-doctoral fellows. Includes funding to attend the AISES National Conference and professional development. Deadline to apply is in October.
- Engineering graduate and post-doctoral fellows.
Samsung First Scholars
- For undergraduate STEM students set to begin their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year, or undergraduate Seniors accepted into STEM masters programs, or current master’s STEM students at California, public four-year colleges or universities. Preference is given for greater Bay Area students (includes Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Sonoma). Must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Bay Area STEM students.