Taking the leap to study abroad is a bold move. You’re in a different culture, you’re likely speaking a language other than your native language and you are likely taking a leap that your friends and family members at home won’t be. You’re the brave one. Your hard work should pay off with a more affordable tuition. Afterall, international study in and of itself is tricky enough as it is. This list of scholarships will help to take the financial burden off so that you can focus on what’s important- your education.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- All billable expenses*
- American University offers the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship encourages international students and promotes access to education. The aim of the Scholarship is to provide resources for underserved communities. The scholarship covers all billable expenses including full tuition room and board and others. The scholarship is intended for international student requiring a visa for entry to study in the United States. This scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as health insurance or flights to and from the United States. This scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study. If you are a citizen a permanent resident or a dual citizen in the United States then you are not eligible to apply. To be eligible you must be an international student who has had to overcome tremendous obstacles in order to you pursue education. Additionally applicant should have a 3.8 GPA and be able to demonstrate a commitment to leadership and volunteerism in their community. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Clark University Global Scholars Program Scholarships
- $15,000 – $25,000/year*
- The Clark University Global Scholars Program is intended for international high school students. This scholarship helps students pay the cost of undergraduate education at Clark University. If you are an international student who is applying to your first year of study and you may be eligible for one of Clark universities many merit scholarships. The Richard China scholarship is for incoming students who are committed to leadership. Recipients receive $80,000 over the course of four years. The Robert Goddard Scholarship it’s for those who made who demonstrate academic potential. This award is a $68,000 reward. The Jonas Park scholarship is a $56,000 award and the presidential LEEP scholarship as a full tuition and room and board for all four years. The global scholars program is a $5000 award the global scholars program is for first year international students. This is a need-based scholarship. The amount of the word varies but students with additional financial need may be eligible for up to an additional $5000 in scholarships. For more information and to apply check out their website.
East Tennessee State University’s International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
- 50% of out-of-state tuition + fees
- East Tennessee State University offers international students academic merit scholarships. The scholarship is available to undergraduate or graduate international students. To be eligible you must apply for admission to ETS or plan to have an F1 or J 1student visa and be able to demonstrate academic achievement. To be eligible you must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on the US 4.0 scale. The value of this award is $12,500 for undergraduate students and $11,500 for graduate students. This scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Illinois State University Redbird Academic Scholarship
- $1,000 – $4,000/year
- The Illinois State University Redbird Academic Scholarship is an academic scholarship for students residing in the United States. To be eligible you must have a 3.3 cumulative GPA and be able to demonstrate academic achievement as well as extracurricular involvement leadership roles work experience and of course exemplary academic achievement. The scholarship is renewable for up to three years. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Lillian Kumata Scholarship Program
- Michigan State University offers the Lillian Kumata scholarship program. The Lillian Kumata Scholarship Program offers need based partial tuition scholarships to international students attending Michigan State University. This scholarship is for scholars as well as their spouses for the fall and spring semesters. The amount of the award is $2500. To be eligible you must be a married international student who is currently registered and taking classes at MSU. Additionally you must be able to provide evidence of financial need and provide evidence of academic excellence. To fill in an application form head to their website.
New York University’s Global EMPA Program Pentland Scholarship
- Full tuition + stipend
- New York University offers the Wagner merit scholarships. The Wagner merit scholarships are competitive merit based scholarships that help students to finance their degree. Approximately 20% of enrolling students at NYU or receive a scholarship. All full-time and part-time applicants will be considered for these awards. To be eligible you must submit an online application to NYU Wagner. The dean scholarship is a full tuition scholarship. The public service scholarship is a partial and a half tuition scholarship. The executive leaders scholarship is a 25% scholarship. The global EMP a Fulbright scholarship is awarded to one US citizen pursuing a one-year joint executive MPA. The global the global EM PA program Pentland and Churchel Scholarship is for students who are pursuing the one-year executive MPA for global policy leadership. There are many more scholarships to explore. For more information and to apply check out their website.
The University of Arkansas’ John and Marie Lavallard International Scholarship
- Tuition + room and board for one year
- The University of Arkansas offers the John and Marie Lavallard International Scholarship. This award is given to an outstanding international student who is able to demonstrate financial need at the University of Arkansas campus. The scholarship is intended for tuition plus room and board and is a one year nonrenewable award. To be eligible you must be a citizen and permanent resident of a country other than the United States. For more information and to apply check out their website.
University of Minnesota’s Gold Global Excellence Scholarship
- Tuition costs*
- The University of Minnesota offers a limited number of international scholarships. The global excellence scholarship is one such scholarship. If you are an international freshman entrance or transfer student with an F1 visa who has been admitted for fall admission then you will automatically be considered for the global excellence scholarship. Students may receive up to $25,000 for this award for up to four years. Strip transfer students may receive up to $10,000 per year for up to three years when entering in the fall semester. No separate scholarship application Is required to apply. For more information and to apply check out their website.
University of Oregon’s International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Tuition Scholarships
- $7,500 – $30,000/year
- University of Oregon International Cultural Service Program tuition scholarships provides financial aid for international students at both the undergraduate as well as graduate levels. Each year the UO offers more than $2.5 million in financial aid scholarships for their international students. An additional application is not required to submit to apply to the scholarship. International students may apply to the UO excellence award the summit award or the Apex award. The international cultural service program provides partial to full tuition ranging from $9000-$30,000 per year. The ISP global corners award is $4000-$20,000 and provides tuition support. For more information and to apply to the scholarship program check out their website.
- The LasikPlus Scholarship is for all students. The Scholarship is $2500 award for a students who has a vision that may be completed for continuing education as well as community involvement. International as well as domestic students may apply and should submit a 500 to 700 word essay. For more information and to apply check out their website.
NextGen Scholarship Fund
- The NextGEN scholarship is offered through PERK consulting. This is an international student award that’s awarded each fall and the amount of $1000. All applicants are judged on merit as well as financial need. The nextGEN scholarship fund is created for international students as well as non-citizens coming to the United States hoping to achieve a higher education. This is a Washington DC Maryland and Virginia scholarship that is awarded to qualified outstanding high school seniors or current college students attending a two or four year university. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Annual CGTrader Scholarship
- The Annual CGTraders Scholarship is an essay competition that awards $3000 for first place winners $2000 and $500 each for the two runners up. To enter you must write and submit an original essay on the following topic: the future of real-world environment with augmented reality. Must be 500 to 1000 words and likes. Additionally applicants should be high school seniors undergraduate or graduate students who are enrolled full-time in an academic institution. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Tuition, airfare, stipend, and health insurance
- The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is for young professionals, graduate students and artists from abroad to come and study as well as conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is operational in over 160 countries across the world. Approximately 4000 foreign students will receive a Fulbright scholarship each year. These foreign student programs are processed by the Fulbright commissions/foundations or US embassies. Eligibility and selection procedures vary from country to country. For more information about this program and to apply check out their website.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Tuition, travel, and other costs
- The Humphrey program brings international students into the United States for one year of non-degree graduate level study leadership development and more. These international students will receive US counterparts during their year in the US. For more information about the Humphrey fellowship a fulbright exchange program check out their website.
Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- $1,000 – $10,000
- The Association of Certified Fraud examiners offers the Richie Jennings Memorial scholarship program. The amount of the award ranges from $1000-$10,000. To be eligible you must be an undergraduate student enrolled and at least nine semester hours or a graduate student enrolled in at least six semester hours. For more information to apply check out their website.
The Keith Williams Law Group Semi-Annual Scholarship
- The Keith Williams Law Group Annual Scholarship it’s for any student who has had to fight through adversity in their lives. The amount of the scholarship is $1500 and as for high school seniors who have been accepted to a college or university or currently enrolled students in any college and university including under graduate/professional schools. No minimum GPA is required to qualify however you must have overcome adversity in your life in order to apply. To apply Submit an essay explaining how you overcame adversty. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Wiit Trust Scholarships
- Up to $1,500
- The Association of women and international trade offers the WIIT charitable trust. The purpose of this award is to promote education specifically to share information on personal and professional development for women and Perca to promote ethical promote educational opportunities for young women. If you are a graduate or undergraduate woman in the field of international trade then you may be eligible for this award for more information and to apply check out their website.
Humphrey Fellowship Program
- The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship in the USA for international students is a program for experienced professionals who are interested in gaining leadership skills through a mutual exchange program in the United States. This is a non-degree program. In the following eligible program fields: urban and regional planning, agricultural and rural development, communications/journalism, human resources management, public health policy and management, teaching of English as a foreign language, and many more eligible fields of study. Approximately 200 fellows are awarded annually to people from the following groups: Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and the western hemisphere. Tuition fees are assigned at the host University. To be eligible for this award you must be an undergraduate student with a minimal five years a full-time professional study professional experience. For more information contact the US Embassy public affairs section or the Fulbright commissions in your country.
Amherst College Scholarships
- The Amherst College Scholarships provide financial aid to international students. This aid package is $2400 and an employment opportunity. The aid package is both a gift aid scholarship or grant and a self-help employment opportunity to help lower educational costs. Additionally students may decide to borrow a student loan to purchase a computer. Students with greater financially and will be authored both a gift such as a scholarship or grant along with a self-help opportunity such as an employment opportunity. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Concordia College Scholarships
- Concordia College offers the international student scholarships. The scholarships vary and maybe awarded in an amount of up to $10,000 per year. Additional funds may be offered for students to demonstrate financial need. For more information and to apply to check out their website.
Dartmouth College Scholarships
- Dartmouth College Office financial aid for international students. Dartmouth offers scholarships and loans which include an allowance to travel to the United States. Additionally, international students may participate in the student work contribution. Many international students work full-time during terms they are not taking classes. This additional aid is estimated in the amount of $2450. Perspective and transfer students as well as Undergraduate and graduate students may apply. For more information about the various financial opportunities for international students check out their website.
Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
- The Illinois Weslyan University International Student Scholarships are for bachelors-seeking students. These merit based awards include president scholarship and need based financial aid for international students applying to their first year of their bachelors program. To be eligible for this award you must have an upstanding academic record that is evidence through test scores. For more information into apply check out their website.
Oregon University Scholarships
- The University or of Oregon offers a number of scholarships and financial aid offerings for international students. Students from Thailand, Southeast Asia, Oceania, Nepa,l Korea, Japan, and all other countries each have their own specific scholarship opportunity. For more information about these various awards check out their website. The amount of the awards vary from $1000-$20,000. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Wesleyan University Scholarships
- Full tuition
- Weslyan University is a selective school that offers international scholarships and financial aid. The Wesleyan Freeman Asian scholars program is a full tuition scholarship for a four year course of study at Weslyan. The Scholarship is applied towards a bachelors degree and is available to 11 exceptional students from Asia including these countries. The Peoples Republic of China Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia the Philippines Singapore and South Korea Taiwan Thailand and Vietnam. To qualify for this award you must be a citizen or permanent resident of one of those countries and not a US citizen or permanent resident. Transfer students are not eligible for the Freeman Asian scholarships. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarships
- The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program JJWBGSP is for women and men who are from developing countries who have relevant professional experience as well as a history of supporting their own countries developmental efforts. Applicants must be interested in applying to a masters degree program in the development related topic. To be eligible from for this award, you must be a national of a world bank member country and not be a dual citizen of any developed country. You must hold a bachelors degree or the equivalent and have at least three years of pay develop related employment. For more information and to apply check out their website.
AAUW International Fellowships
- The AAUW International Fellowships in the USA for women is for individuals interested in full-time research in the United States who are not from the United States. You must not be a citizen or permanent resident. The Scholarship is available to undergraduat graduate and post graduate studies in an accredited institution. To be eligible you must be an international fellow and you you must have a citizenship in acountry other than the United States and hold an academic degree. Applicants must intend to devote themselves to full-time study and research. The amount of the award for masters/professional students is $18,000 the doctoral fellowship is $20,000 and the post doctoral fellowship is $30,000. For more information and to apply check out their website.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme
- The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program is for students who are pursuing a Masters/Peachtree PhD degree. Host institutions include any university except for universities in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, the Netherlands, Italy, Norway, and Ireland. Fields of study include any specific field of study . The following areas will be considered for an award: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Madagascar and Mozambique. To be eligible for this award you must be from one of the eligible nations listed above. For more information and to apply check out their website.